For those who don't frequent B5 forums

Jerry Doyle, the actor who played Michael on Babylon 5 passed away a couple of weeks ago.
I only recently finished a re-watch of the series, and I have to say I always liked Jerry's portrayal of the everyday man.
Not a hero, not a villain or even central to any of the major plot lines - Just a guy on the side lines, like most of us.
He will be missed.

I first found out about it over at the TrekBBS, so I popped into FIrstones to check for sure.
I can't believe how unlucky the B5 cast have been.

The grim reaper really has been busy this year. :(

A pretty nice tribute video to his character can be seen @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdp6jBpHWT4
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: For those who don't frequent B5 forums

I missed that B5 coffee table book and the price tag and that it's one big book! Back when I was working FT I got a dozen+ B5 books when they were on the cafe press site. I stopped buying more cause the shipping to Oz was crazy and in total per book was upwards of $60. When you gotta budget just can't afford to splash out on things like this.

Not sure if your subscribed to B5 Books but I found this snippet from the newsletter entertaining :) which I've placed in spoiler tags and I thought I may as well add it to this B5 oriented thread.
Last week J. Michael Straczynski posted the following on social media. We wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

I've often commented on the fact that the Babylon 5 characters still live in my head and talk to me. Sometimes they're big, huge, philosophical conversations, sometimes just little trivial stuff. It's like they live in the corners of my bedroom and come out to play when the lights go out.

Had that happen again around 5 am when I'm trying to sleep. Picking up on Delenn's problems with the dictionary -- you define one word by looking up another word (e.g., "sphere, see 'round'"), and that word is defined by another word you have to look up, it never ends -- I hear this.

Delenn: For Minbari, a word is its own unique thing; there is no other word that describes it. It is a thing unto itself, there is just one if it, and it needs no further clarification or explanation.

Sheridan: You can't just have one word for something. Look, if you're angry at someone, what's the word for anger?

Delenn: rak'ka

Sheridan: Okay, so let's say you're furious with someone, what's the word for that?

Sheridan: No, not just angry, I mean red-faced, yelling, really just berserker-level rage.

Delenn: (sighs) rak'ka

Sheridan: I don't understand.

Delenn: This much is obvious.

Sheridan: Okay, let me go the other way. What if you're just a little bit angry? What we would call being just annoyed with someone. What's the word for *that*?

Sheridan: Damn it, if the word is always the same, if there's just one word for it, then how the hell is someone supposed to know how angry you are at them?

Delenn: (leans in ominously) By how LOUDLY we SAY it. Do you have a problem with that...human?

Sheridan: None whatsoever.

(And I'm like: are we done? Can I go back to sleep now?)

Had the same thing happen with Londo and Sheridan a while back. It went like this:

Londo: Captain, there is something I do not understand. There is this human term, "bulls-eye." Now, I have looked this up. I have seen photographs. There is not a bull on it. There is not an eye on it. Can you explain this to me?

Sheridan: It's just a slang term for something that's flat and wooden and has a target in the middle.

Londo: Ah! Like you, then.

It's got to do with demand and publisher rights, that's what they told me over a decade ago. I'm not sure about electronic distribution for old-er books.

Finally found some B5 ones :shock: been packed in a box since 2012 with my trek novels. It's almost a time capsule from my past, somewhat vivid and disturbing :badgrin:

Anyhow some photos. More to come...

Asked and Answered Parts 1 - 5
b5-asked-answered-parts.jpg
and that top left book in the photo below is "Artifacts from Beyond the Rim"
b5-various-books.jpg