Rebranding

So I've decided recently that I'm going to be changing the theme again - Mainly because what we have here is very buggy. And I need to update the software a little bit, too.
Most of what we have here is a duct-taped together theme using old and new code. I'm going to be using something entirely new instead.

I am going to change it regardless, but the question is: Do we keep the dark/gold theme we've used since like... 2005 I think?
I actually want to get rid of the dark themes entirely and use a white background. It's much easier on the eyes for us 'getting older' folks.
To be honest I have trouble reading forums with dark backgrounds these days. But I'd like to hear what anyone else thinks first.
I suppose I could include an option to use both light and dark themes - But I'd rather stick with one unified look :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Rebranding

I will admit, I like the dark theme, and personally find it easier on the eyes, but that may be because I often use the computer at night, and so very 'white' themes tend to glare in a dark room, especially on a backlit monitor.

If you are going to go with lighter colours, I'd suggest not white but a very light pastel grey, say about 245 on RGB. enough to stop the white bleeding over the text.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

How hard is it to swap out a background/text/link color? Maybe the classic gold-on-black, and a more typical black-on-white would be an alternate?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Quite hard right now, because the code is a jumbled mess. But with a new theme I could probably whip up an alternative theme easily as it's gonna be fully integrated from the backend with palette options, rather than poking around the bowels of a giant stylesheet.
The Expanse. Watch it!

It won't affect the posts or structure at all.

I seem to remember a big song and dance from several users in the past about keeping the dark/gold theme, so I'll probably stick with it and create a switcher ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Sort of.

The new theme should be ready in a few days, a week at the most. It's coming along nicely. It's not as fancy as this one, but it's definitely more functional.. and I'll be keeping the Sectorgame colour theme :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Don't worry about fancy. I liked the solid-colored black background. If it has a fancy image background, cool, if not, I'm okay with it.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright