Re: baby carriers

They tend to be frowned upon in the UK (at least the parts I come from) - I guess because everyone wants to clutter the streets and block up the buses with those monster prams from day 1. Yet here in Korea it's the other way around - it's the pram lovers that are frowned upon because they think a baby should be close to a warm bodied person.
The Expanse. Watch it!

They tend to be frowned upon in the UK (at least the parts I come from)
They are? That's news to me. Admittedly I don't see many (except for the toddler-size backpack versions), but that's possibly because any woman who's just given birth is too bloody sore to actually carry a baby using one (and men, natch, are still expected to go back to work after two weeks rather than have a sensible length of paternity leave).

From the reactions of people I've spoken to, they seem to think that baby carriers are for poor people only...*cue rollseyes*

I dislike such a reaction and strongly defend baby carriers whenever anyone turns their nose up.

Infact, turning ones nose up is a very Southern reaction, is it not?
The Expanse. Watch it!

From the reactions of people I've spoken to, they seem to think that baby carriers are for poor people only...*cue rollseyes*

I dislike such a reaction and strongly defend baby carriers whenever anyone turns their nose up.
For poor people?

Twats.
Infact, turning ones nose up is a very Southern reaction, is it not?
I wish it was.

I know I've seen some concern about the kind where the baby faces the wearer, since I think there have been a few cases of babies nearly suffocating in them.
That was the 'sling' kind, though, not the kind above. With that kind, the baby has to face the wearer anyway - the neck isn't strong enough to support looking out the way.