Server/Domain costs 2011

Well it's that time of year again and we are coming up on our renewal. Sectorgame, despite a lack of activity on forums, uses quite a bit of bandwidth and resources on the server - probably one of the busiest sites on this particular server. Right now it's still early, but around November I have to pay the server bill which includes the fee for the hosting, control panel (+maintenance costs) plus this year we'll have to renew the Sectorgame domain name. It's not a small bill really, and I have less cash than ever. I can for sure pay for some of it, if not all of it, but that'd just leave me out of cash when I need it most. I will have to see how things go, but it's entirely possible I'll be out of pocket by the time the bill is due.

There are those of you whom also have no spare cash, which is fine. You can just send in $1 if you like. :P For those who are willing and able, larger donations would be greatly appreciated. Our target is 340 US dollars, which includes all the above mention costs. :) Those who send the largest amouts of cash will have a 'share' in Sectorgame's total value, of which you can use to pull weight around if you need it (moderation rights, server space etc).

I have added a 'donate' button to the top right of the forum header. Just click this and you'll get redirected to Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to send cash, but you will need a credit/debit card. Note that not all cards are accepted.

Current funds for 2011-2012: $340

Target Funds for 2011-2012: $340

Summary of costs:

Server fee: 143.52 (12 months)
Maintenance fees: 119.88 (12 months)
Domain renewal: 76.6 (24 months)

Thankyou for your time.

Update: Server is good for another year, but bi-annual domain renewal is due in January. If anyone can chip in, please do so. :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Server/Domain costs

We use a lot of space (over 35,000 files) and traffic that eats up dedicated server resources. To keep all that backed up isn't free.

I might point out that: If the target is not reached this year, Sectorgame will be temporarily shutdown until I can fund it - only the domain will be kept alive.
The Expanse. Watch it!