What you listening to right now?

You know, it occurs to me that I must get through several hours of music a day just by listening to it while working. I find it very hard to work without music in my ear (unless I am doing some thinking, in which case I need to be very quiet). So I figured, why not a thread dedicated to those 'musical moments' that we find inbetween the days of our lives?- To each their own, ofcourse. I find that music is very specific to a person and it's often quite common that your friends or loved ones do not share the same appreciation for the music that you listen to. This isn't because the music isn't good or their tastes are bad, it's simply because people are different and it's what makes us individuals. But just once in a while, a tune comes along from a friend that you fall in love with.

So, right now, at this moment, or whatever you were last listening to - Is what? For me, it's Yesturday by Junkie XL. Something of a mellow turn from this upbeat artist - But nonetheless something I find myself emotionally attached to at 2:15 in the morning.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: What you listening to right now?

Upbeat3.ogg from the Sins of a Solar Empire soundtrack.

Also present on the current playlist are...

Lo Fidelity Allstars - Battle Flag (recently used in a Duke Nukem Forever trailer, hijacked for my World of Tanks forays)
Murray Gold & the BBC National Orchestra of Wales - I Am The Doctor (Doctor Who Series 6 soundtrack)
Two Steps From Hell - To Glory (from their album Invincible)
Two Steps From Hell - Fill My Heart (same source, radically different tone of music)
thegoodbit.mp3, shows in player as "The Good Bit of Grissom's Overture", a chopjob in Audacity to seperate out a portion of a song from the CSI soundtrack.

Yeah. Weird tastes, though obviously lean towards instrumental.
IAR
A Numbered Existence
In The Service
Monsters
SAMAS

Re: What you listening to right now?

It's funny, but I'm the exact opposite when it comes to working...I need absolute silence to get things done, otherwise I wind up concentrating more on the music/audio/whatever than what I'm supposed to be doing. :P The same thing happens in reverse, too: if I'm listening to something like a podcast, I can't do anything more complex than playing Solitaire, since even reading text will throw me off.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens