Hosting (Updated)

Sectorgame Hosting

What websites are allowed on Sectorgame?

Any gaming related website. There are a few exceptions. We do allow FTP accounts for people who need to store some personal documents, but no more than say, 50MB. If you have a project related to Freespace, Descent or any game and want it hosted - Then you'll get much more space. Frankly, we prefer websites as opposed to just a place to store your project files.

What kind of space can I expect?

Your space wil be discussed with you during the activation of your account. The quota has no set limit, but, because there are so many accounts, we have to limit each user depending on the amount of data they generally store. Projects who require more space will have larger quotas.

What can I store on my Sectorgame account?

Anything related to your project/website. You can also store downloads, such as mods, multimedia, missions, tools etc.

Can I get an e-mail account?

Yes, you can have an e-mail name of your choice, either via an account on our server or a redirect. But if you want one, you have to request it.

Will my website be easy to find?

Your website will have a URL that looks like http://sectorgame.com/mysite, or, alternatively, mysite.sectorgame.com.

What do you support?

SG runs on LINUX, with support for Perl, Apache, PHP and MySQL. We can also provide automatic scripts, such as PHPNuke, Guestbooks, etc.

What don't you allow?

We don't like leechers, so please, don't remote link downloads on Sectorgame unless it's related to your project.
We allow some personal documents and files, such as avatars, signature banners and personal photos - But please keep them tidy and clean.

Can I get my own forum?

No, at least, not a seperate forum. We like to keep the community together, so you'll be provided with a section of your own, including any hidden development area you need for your team.

I want to store my mods and stuff, but don't need an account. What do I do?

You can submit them to Freespace 2 Sector or via e-mail.

Ok, where do I sign up?

Please get in touch with [email protected] or send a PM to Hunter onn the SectorGame and/or HLP forums - Include details about your project/site.

How much does it cost?

Nothing. All services are free and we will not place any advertisements on your site, either.

Any additional questions, please post them here
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Hosting (Updated)

I've expanded our storage capacity for new accounts - it's now unlimited (Within reason). :)

Also accepting Nameserver redirects - if you have a domain but don't want to pay for hosting, let me know and I'll set you up.
The Expanse. Watch it!