I don't buy computers, and I don't buy computer parts from brick-n-mortar stores. NewEgg and TigerDirect, for me.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Go to Malaysia.
It's a little out of the way but you will save money.
Assuming you don't factor in the tickets.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Go to Malaysia.
Superb consumer advice there dude. :lol:
Go to the other side of the world. You'll save money, unless you factor in , y'know, money.

:razz:

Since my main selling points are good return and maintaince policies, I have a feeling it doesn't matter.
I'm just looking for the name of any shops which exist physically, really. I'm only aware of Best Buy, Target and the defunct Circuit City.
Go to Malaysia.
Been there, done that....

Fry's Electronics has an awful return policy, but if you can find one they do have good selection.

Best Buy is probably the simplest one to locate and will have better stuff then the crap at Target or Walmart.

From what I remember Fry's has a much bigger selection than any of the others. At least in Wilsonville, OR they have a huge store packed with all kinds of electronics and electronics components.

The problem here is that, as far as I know, Fry's doesn't have any sort of presence on the East Coast. (I'd love to go to one myself someday, but I've never so much as seen one.) Best Buy is probably the best bet in terms of accessibility, though I can't really speak personally for what their selection is like.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

If you could find a MicroCenter, they usually have good deals. At least on the SATA HDD and enternal case I bought for it. I dunno about laptops though...
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright