Well, I want to get dual screens, I'm currently using a 22" 2ms LCD monitor. So, I'll be getting something similar. More specifically I want all this power so I can handle outrageously huge images in Photoshop or render animations with ease. It'll be a bonus for video games too I suppose.
I used to run dual screens (one was a 1600x1200 CRT, which was frankly too large to be worth the effort) on a 8800 GTS with 320MB RAM, so it depends what you're doing on them.

As for huge photoshop images... how huge? I have just opened a 2048x2048 texture psd (a smidgen under 100 mb) - stored on a slow external HDD - to check, with max and football manager running, and not encountered any issues. This on a fairly old PC too (C2D E6750, 2GB RAM, average mobo), so you should be ok IMO. Not sure about animations, though... although if you're really splashing out for that specific purpose, maybe have a look into the really high end dedicated cards (like, IIRC, the Quadro FX series - might be stupid expensive though).

Looking at your spec, you should be more than fine IMO.

You don't get any slow down? :o I always get slow down when opening large images, nothing unbearable though. As for animations well, I'm not really sure if the animations will render faster with more power or not. But I usually leave the computer idle as an animation renders. If there is a performance difference, I'll be glad for the speedy renders.

Never heard of those cards before, I'll check them out. However, I'll more than likely get another GTX-295 anyways cuz I already bought the first one. And there's the money part... :evil: Quit my job a couple weeks ago, I used to work at Wal-Mart until my boss ticked me off enough to make me quit. I'm not getting into the details but long story short; I work my ass off for 2 and half years and then get a report from my boss saying I'm not working hard enough. Hmph! They can stick that report up their ass. :x

Anyways, yes, that's the thing; buying a computer is a sensitive area of opinion. All my friends give me their opinions and all of which are from various points of views. Eventually, I just decided to build this thing no matter what people say. I'll remember what you said about the Physx thing though, I won't use my 9800 in the new build.

I need a new job before I can buy more parts, the next objective.
Interesting...

You don't get any slow down? :o I always get slow down when opening large images, nothing unbearable though. As for animations well, I'm not really sure if the animations will render faster with more power or not. But I usually leave the computer idle as an animation renders. If there is a performance difference, I'll be glad for the speedy renders.
How large images? I have the usual loading time, no other slowdowns though. Have you checked the size of your photoshop scratch file?
Never heard of those cards before, I'll check them out. However, I'll more than likely get another GTX-295 anyways cuz I already bought the first one. And there's the money part... :evil: Quit my job a couple weeks ago, I used to work at Wal-Mart until my boss ticked me off enough to make me quit. I'm not getting into the details but long story short; I work my ass off for 2 and half years and then get a report from my boss saying I'm not working hard enough. Hmph! They can stick that report up their ass. :x
Well, at least they didn't move your job to be done by a bunch of incompetents in Bangalore, then ask your office to train them while they decide exactly who gets made redundant and when.
Anyways, yes, that's the thing; buying a computer is a sensitive area of opinion. All my friends give me their opinions and all of which are from various points of views. Eventually, I just decided to build this thing no matter what people say. I'll remember what you said about the Physx thing though, I won't use my 9800 in the new build.

I need a new job before I can buy more parts, the next objective.
You can just stick in the 9800, enable it for physX and not use SLI - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/257 ... card-physx.

How large images? I have the usual loading time, no other slowdowns though. Have you checked the size of your photoshop scratch file?
Depends, like right now I'm working on multiple projects, I'm trying to expand my portfolio. And there's one image where I'm practicing my techniques at editing large photographs. I'm editing a 4992x3328, it runs fine when I'm not doing anything. But for example when I use the Smudge tool the program experiences lag, it annoys me. It would be nice if it ran fast without the lag, saves me from ctrl-z'ing mistakes because my mouse slipped from slow down. It's just small things like that but the small imperfections in speed are quite annoying.
Or you could give it to someone who's using a 7600gs. *wink* *wink*
That could be arranged. lol :P
Interesting...

Hey peeps I'm backonline after fially arranging a laptop.
I'm now living just outside Hemel Hempstead, near Watford. Chesham, to be precise.
Maybe I can get off my ass and attend the HLP meet eh ?