Well the reason for all this zen-like clearout is I'm moving to just-outside London for a job. Moving Tomorrow infact. Not quite Seoul but far enough. I hate driving any kind of meaningful distance....

I'm currently building a new computer, I have the processor and graphics card but thats it. I wish they made these computer parts cheaper.... $800 for a graphics card is a killer for the savings account. :(
Interesting...

The most expensive graphics card on NewEgg is ~$515.00. You're getting ripped off.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Okay, I had to double check my receipts cuz I suppose you guys are right... I bought a Nvidia Geforce GTX-295 for $612.14 and an Intel Core i7 processor for $411.59. All together that comes to $1023.73 and that's only 2 parts. I'm salvaging some parts from my old computer though, I'm thinking of SLIing my old Geforce 9800 with the 295, and another 295 I'm planning on buying. I still need memory (aiming for 24GB, all depends on the mobo though), a mobo, a bigger hard drive (thinking of getting a 2TB), OS (I'm gonna get Win7), and a powersupply which will have to be huge, I found a 1000-watt powersupply I'm hoping will work okay. And if I find something suitable, I want neon lights in this thing. :love10: It's my dream pc... *sigh* I'll get it eventually.
Interesting...

Okay, I had to double check my receipts cuz I suppose you guys are right... I bought a Nvidia Geforce GTX-295 for $612.14 and an Intel Core i7 processor for $411.59. All together that comes to $1023.73 and that's only 2 parts. I'm salvaging some parts from my old computer though, I'm thinking of SLIing my old Geforce 9800 with the 295, and another 295 I'm planning on buying. I still need memory (aiming for 24GB, all depends on the mobo though), a mobo, a bigger hard drive (thinking of getting a 2TB), OS (I'm gonna get Win7), and a powersupply which will have to be huge, I found a 1000-watt powersupply I'm hoping will work okay. And if I find something suitable, I want neon lights in this thing. :love10: It's my dream pc... *sigh* I'll get it eventually.
Neon lights? *shudder*

What's the 9800s memory? If you use SLI, your overall graphics memory is limited to that of the lowest card (is mirrored). Not sure about if you just use the 9800 for PhysX - that should be fine.

Well, this 9800 I have has 512MB of memory. That's interesting, I didn't know that. I'm still rather new to the concept of computer building, this computer I'm using now is my first custom build but my friend helped me put this one together. I'm going to try to build this one myself. So, I should use the 9800 for PhysX without losing any performance from the 295's?

And what's wrong with lights? :P I want it to be flashy, especially when I go to local LANs here in town. 8)
Interesting...

Well, this 9800 I have has 512MB of memory. That's interesting, I didn't know that. I'm still rather new to the concept of computer building, this computer I'm using now is my first custom build but my friend helped me put this one together. I'm going to try to build this one myself. So, I should use the 9800 for PhysX without losing any performance from the 295's?
Well, I'd say you certainly shouldn't SLI it, as your effective videocard memory would be 512mb (I'm not sure how useful SLI is in general, but AFAIK it's most effective at high resolutions...where you likewise need decent amounts of memory).

I'd google the PhysX thing. Offhand I think it should be fine, as it's treating the gfx card as a seperate (i.e. not gfx card) resource using CUDA or something to offset the work.
And what's wrong with lights? :P I want it to be flashy, especially when I go to local LANs here in town. 8)
It's more than a mite tasteless, IMO. Like when someone adds a gigantic spoiler and flashy wheel rims to their 1980s Vauxhall corsa to pretend it's flashy.

Like when someone adds a gigantic spoiler and flashy wheel rims to their 1980s Vauxhall corsa to pretend it's flashy.
I can most definitely agree with you there. :lol:
Well, I'd say you certainly shouldn't SLI it, as your effective videocard memory would be 512mb (I'm not sure how useful SLI is in general, but AFAIK it's most effective at high resolutions...where you likewise need decent amounts of memory).
Well, I want to get dual screens, I'm currently using a 22" 2ms LCD monitor. So, I'll be getting something similar. More specifically I want all this power so I can handle outrageously huge images in Photoshop or render animations with ease. It'll be a bonus for video games too I suppose.
Interesting...