Would you're T-bird have the supercharged v6 ? Or was it dropped by then ?
Thunderbird is lower and sportier-looking, and nicer inside I think (but I can't prove that part).
What's the 0-62 (mph)? IIRC they tend to be relatively low (fast) on US cars, more of an emphasis on sheer grunt over emissions/efficiency I think.
That's a fairly out of date POV, if you don't mind my saying. :)
The "big 3" have had to make some quick progress in the pas tfew years. It's a shame as GM and Ford seemed to be making progress but they were just not selling, presumeably due to a poor histroical record.
I don't know what's happening at Chrysler nowadays.

That's a fairly out of date POV, if you don't mind my saying. :)
The "big 3" have had to make some quick progress in the pas tfew years. It's a shame as GM and Ford seemed to be making progress but they were just not selling, presumeably due to a poor histroical record.
I don't know what's happening at Chrysler nowadays.
It's a bit of a stereotype, yeah, but in my last few trips to the US I've not seen much on the road to indicate a shift to more efficient, smaller vehicles. That was before the recent crises, of course, and I think a lot of the worst offenders (trucks & SUVs) are being traded in for the US equivalent of the scrappage scheme.

Would you're T-bird have the supercharged v6 ? Or was it dropped by then?
It was dropped in '95 I think. Intsead they put in a 4.6L V8, which I think gives better performance than the super V6.