The first four seasons are good. After that, SG-1 starts to decay. Slowly at first, but when you reach the Merlin mark, it's all over.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Indeed, but don't let that fool you - Farscape has some of the best storytelling in a science fiction series and by the end you'll wish it was never over.
The Expanse. Watch it!

The reimagined Doctor Who, also it's spin-off Torchwood.

Farscape has some of the best storytelling in a science fiction series and by the end you'll wish it was never over.

The series was mostly well done, but the Peacekeeper Wars was so badly botched in terms of writing.

True, but I think they did the best they could with what they had - It seemed they tried to compress the entire 5th season into 4 hours, and it worked in places but just fell apart in others. It was sad that the show had to end in such a fashion, not to mention the death of a certain loved character near the end...

As for Universe, I enjoyed the pilot a lot more on a second viewing - it's something that Stargate has not done before, which is already a step above 'carbon copy of SG-1' Atlantis in my opinion.
The Expanse. Watch it!

not to mention the death of a certain loved character near the end...

The death scene was honestly one of the most badly done I've seen outside of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and that was unfortunate given how beloved that character was by everyone.