It looks like they're moving away from innuendo and short skirts to something stronger. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, though.*

It was also sending me some Mad Max vibes, which is kind of strange.

*Because it's in the Star Trek universe, and not some B-class sci-fi universe.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Not very star trekie but looks awesome non the less.
actually, what do I care if it's star trekie, I don't even like star trek that much. the only reason i know about it is because my dad likes it.
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦
Now what am I supposed to put here?

Well J.J Abrams is reinventing the Trek universe with this movie, so there are bound to be some whiners. Thing is, it's time to move forward and be a little more realistic about things (like Battlestar Galactica). They had their shot with countless films and series, and seriously suffered toward the end of it. Apparently if this movie does well another two are planned. Trek as we know it, is gone. This is a new kind of Trek, at least that's we are being told.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Trek as we know it, is gone. This is a new kind of Trek, at least that's we are being told.
Coca-Cola said the same thing. :razz:
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Well J.J Abrams is reinventing the Trek universe with this movie, so there are bound to be some whiners. Thing is, it's time to move forward and be a little more realistic about things (like Battlestar Galactica). They had their shot with countless films and series, and seriously suffered toward the end of it. Apparently if this movie does well another two are planned. Trek as we know it, is gone. This is a new kind of Trek, at least that's we are being told.
I don't really know how I feel about this, since that whole over-the-top technobabble bit is a significant part of what endeared me to Trek in the first place. If I wanted BSG-style realism, I'd simply be watching BSG. (Probably should be anyway, but that's another story.) I'm excited to see what he's going to do with the franchise, but at the same time, I don't want to see it cast off completely from its roots.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

The first time I saw this I wet myself.
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.