Freelancer

Anyone know anything about Freelancer or psychology? I need help...

I got it recently and havent been able to stop playing it at all.

Not for food
Not for... waste disposal
NOT FOR SECTORGAME

I must complete it before I become a reclusive wreck!
SOMEONE WHO HAS PLAYED IT, HELP ME!!!

I am stuck as a level 13 pilot because but no matter how much over the level threshold I go, I can't advance! It says:

Net worth: $203,874
Next level: $194,513

By the way in my momentary madness I have probably posted this in the wrong place, so move this post as seen fit.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Indeed the gents are correct, you have a storyline mission to complete.
No! That is the problem! The Gents have an understanding with the people who do!

I mean I don't! The Gents are wrong and I am sure of this because normally it says something along the lines of

Next Level: Mission

When you have to do a mission to level up, but this time it doesnt!

It says I have passed the next level requirement but there is no mention of doing a mission.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

Umm... I think I installed the 1.1 patch, but for some reason on the main menu it still says Version 1.0.

If it says it's 1.0 it probably is 1.0
You say that but no matter how many time i install the patch or download it from other places and install it each time it says 'Update complete!' but it never changes.

TBH I wouldn't spend too much time fussing over it. It's not that great a game.

Get Hostile Waters. =D
How helpfull. I don't think I will be buying any more games for a while now considering I just spent £1150 on Crysis.