It'll never be competetive to produce it that way. You'd need ridiculous amounts of arable land and fresh water. The equivalent of a gallon of petrol a day per acre? The cost of the land would be insane, and you can't do it hydroponically, because you'd need to put in more energy than you'd get, and if you did it via solar.... you might as well just use the solar to directly extract the hydrogen from water. There might be applications that I'm not seeing but mostly... seems like another dead end on the alternative power maze.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

It'll never be competetive to produce it that way. You'd need ridiculous amounts of arable land and fresh water. The equivalent of a gallon of petrol a day per acre? The cost of the land would be insane, and you can't do it hydroponically, because you'd need to put in more energy than you'd get, and if you did it via solar.... you might as well just use the solar to directly extract the hydrogen from water. There might be applications that I'm not seeing but mostly... seems like another dead end on the alternative power maze.
Why has nobody tried subspace yet?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Maybe because it's not real?
That is what their competetors want you to think.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦