Popular Cruise Liner Questions

The following were real questions posed by people to crewman on an Alaskan cruise.

Q: Is the water in the toilets freshwater or saltwater?
A: I don't usually go around sampling toilet water for 2 reasons. Number 1, and number 2.

Q: How far above sea level are we?
A: I dunno, looks to be about, oh, 9 feet?

Q: Does the boat generate its own power?
A: Well if you look over the back of the boat, you can see a 100 mile long extension cord, thanks to Home Depot.

Q: Do these stairs go up, or down?

Q: Which elevator takes me to the front of the ship?
A: Ma'am, this is a cruise liner, not the starship Enterprise.

Q: Have you seen my husband?

Q: Where do i exchange my money for Alaskan currency?
Erik McClure

An American was planning an extended trip to Australia and asked, via a chat forum, whether his electrical equipment would work over there. The short answer is yes, provided there are no problems with voltage mismatches. But somebody, just for fun, decided to say, "The Coriolis Effect will make your CDs spin the wrong way." The American bought this and asked whether there were any devices he could buy to correct the problem. A number of people, my colleague included, jumped onto the bandwagon with various suggestions. Eventually somebody took pity on the poor guy and admitted it was all a joke. The response? "How do you expect me to know it's a joke if you don't use a sarcastic smiley?"
You've got to love that one. Especially if you're smart enough to know that the thing this is based on (Coriolis Effect causes water to run the wrong way down the plughole) is a load of crap too. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

well if the "hot" tap is on the left it flows to the right and vice versa for cold.

y'know, I remember watching an episode of the Xfiles that featured theis phenonmumnimmum. I sat there thinking why the water was flowing backwards in my bathroom sink. Only noticed afterwards Mauldy had been drinking from a water fountain with a single, centrally placed tap....