Is firefox your answer for everything?

Seems it's either "get firefox" or "get mac"...

Perhaps because firefox can fix a lot of issues that using IE <7 and 7+ creates.

Personally, I can't stand Firefox. However, there are some web sites that require (force) you to use it.

Regardless, you should always have more than one browser.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Firefox beats 10 shades of poo out of IE in every way...
except the downloader it forces me too use is 100 kb slower than my download manager.

and i hate the .part file thing.

Personally, I can't stand Firefox. However, there are some web sites that require (force) you to use it.
What website requires you to use firefox?
I don't really remember, the only reason it comes to mind is because of the splash-screen that mentally raped me for using IE 6.

MOD EDIT: I know that Blackhole would probably go ballistic if he saw his thread about his achievement of RSS be spammed down by thsi debate. And I know that this debate could probably go on forever, so now people will know to find a debate about IE vs Firefox in a thread named as such, not named about something relating to and RSS feed for music.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

What website requires you to use firefox?
I don't really remember, the only reason it comes to mind is because of the splash-screen that mentally raped me for using IE 6.
That's probably just bad web-coding, I'd guess said website uses some newer HTML / Javascript / whatever features exclusive to IE7.

Firefox is far more standards adherent than IE, what happens is that MS introduces new HTML or soforth tags and features 'exclusive' to IE which breaks compatibility with standards-observant browsers. One of the major advantages of Firefox is that it's W3C compliant, ergo it's vastly less likely to see a Firefox exclusive site than an IE exclusive one.
Firefox beats 10 shades of poo out of IE in every way...
except the downloader it forces me too use is 100 kb slower than my download manager.

and i hate the .part file thing.
Explain exactly how it's 100kb slower and why....

For everyone ranting about IE7's incompatibilities, i want to say that while i was developing my website, both browsers gave me headaches. I no longer think this about which browser is better, its about the fact that there ARE two browsers. If something works in IE7, it won't work in firefox. If something works in firefox, it won't work in IE7. If something works in both, it won't work in IE6. If it works in IE6, it won't work in safari. Its endless.

Screw the goddamn browser wars, i just want those stupid browsers to display my webpage correctly without having to tear my hair out!

Once, i had been slamming on the keyboard in frustration for nearly 3 hours when i finally realised that firefox was outright IGNORING my float:none; property. I was so pissed off at it for doing that i threatened to strangle the next firefox fanboy i came across. Neither browser is perfect, any anyone claiming that should be shot, burned and thrown into the goddamn sun.
Erik McClure

For everyone ranting about IE7's incompatibilities, i want to say that while i was developing my website, both browsers gave me headaches. I no longer think this about which browser is better, its about the fact that there ARE two browsers. If something works in IE7, it won't work in firefox. If something works in firefox, it won't work in IE7. If something works in both, it won't work in IE6. If it works in IE6, it won't work in safari. Its endless.

Screw the goddamn browser wars, i just want those stupid browsers to display my webpage correctly without having to tear my hair out!

Once, i had been slamming on the keyboard in frustration for nearly 3 hours when i finally realised that firefox was outright IGNORING my float:none; property. I was so pissed off at it for doing that i threatened to strangle the next firefox fanboy i came across. Neither browser is perfect, any anyone claiming that should be shot, burned and thrown into the goddamn sun.
If it doesn't work in both, it's probably not standards compliant (something complicated by the fact that the CSS standards aren't finalized yet, despite many years - and some servers also put forward css files as a different MIME type, apparently, as it used to be the extension for a powerpoint exported slideshow). IE apparently is notorious for misinterpreting CSS (including the aforementioned float) and judged as pretty much the worst for CSS compliance. So it's likely you were using something against standard but which, thanks to the ubiquity of IE, had become an accepted practice.

Force people to use Firefox? (and give alternative links to opera etc.)

I know that people tend to be resistant to change but simply advertise it as a 'fix for IE' (which it is).

From what I remember neither Firefox or IE pass the acid test for standards compliance (Konqueror is the only browser I know offhand that does). That being said, Firefox has far higher standards compliance. I'm actually against the advertising of Firefox soley as there are other browsers out there, it's just that if people understand that there are these free tools that do the job much better than IE does they'll sit up and take notice. I push FF based on a user's level of understanding:
If it's a novice I install firefox on their machine, call the icon 'internet browser', delete the IE sortcuts and generally never hear about any issues with it from that point on.
If it's someone of moderate knowledge I demo FF and some of the cooler addons for it (FireFTP, Adblock plus, department of homeland stupidity ;) ).
An advanced user will already be using elinks2 on their Debian machine. ;)

By coding a site for IE7 you're effectively handing Microsoft a whip and stating 'I wish to be beaten, please continue'.
--OmniCode 0.1.6--
sxy cm180 kg65 skffecdb ha0d0d0d ey31190f esO sp= Ag1979 anC hdd Zob Rl!.looking Kd! FHS IN5.DSL PrAssembler(3)
-------------------

Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Exploding gently from afar.