Root Canals

After being in the Dentist for the last two hours having 2 teeth given a root treatment, and I have to go back on Monday to have the teeth 'rebuilt' back into teeth, I would advise people to avoid getting root canals at any cost.

The drill isn't a problem, the taste of the stuff they put into your tooth to Sterilise it, however, tastes like you've eaten about 40 Mint Tic-Tacs at the same time. No words can describe beyond that really, it's minty, but in a thoroughly unrealistic kind of way. My own suspicion is that it actually tastes far worse and they've added mint flavouring to hide it, but it didn't work ;)

LOL It wasn't so much the Mintiness that was the problem, it was the fact that it was Mint mixed with some really foul tasting disinfectant-type stuff, the mint, I assume, was supposed to hide the other taste, but all it really did for me was mean that the taste stayed in my mouth all the longer :(

Still the two teeth I got done were the ones that most needed doing, I go back on Monday to get the two teeth rebuilt using filling material, then it's just a bunch of fillings to go, which aren't so bad. Eventually, they'll all have to be crowned, but I don't have about 3 thousand pounds to do that at the moment, so fillings will give them a few more years.

The taste would probably be ten times worse than you imagine without the mint. And the taste would still remain, so... :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

I don't mind strong minty taste :D
Says the girl who'd continuously wash out her mouth until she could no longer taste the toothpaste. :p
And you remember (and I am still doing so)! I don't mind it when I am brushing my teeth but not too keen on the left over taste. Minty food is good, like tea, minty chocolate cookie :D

Poor Flippy. Do you have any of the originals left?

Heh, I have mostly original lower teeth, it's the upper ones that took the worst beating.

@Roanoke, I had to wear braces for 4 years and have a 6-hour operation because of a deformed jaw, whilst I'll admit some responsiblity, a fair bit of damage was done to my uppoer teeth through having bits of metal glued to them for such a long time, the enamel on them took a beating. Over the last 10 years I've had to more or less, one at a time, get them replaced or repaired along the top.

The bottom ones don't seem to suffer as badly, but most of them need work, but that's more a question of 'normal' treatment like fillings etc that I've just been leaving for too long because I haven't been able to afford them.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Aw... poor Flippy *hug* I am so sorry to hear that you have gone through so much. I remember you mentioned about the surgery. It made your face so swollen and purple.

Luckily, I am almost done with my treatment. About 3 months earlier. I always keep up with the brushing and rinsing. My orthodontist is very pleased with my oral hygiene (he gets very upset when his patients don't keep their mouth clean). I am very happy that everything turns out well and better than expected :D
Cheekybum & Junior

I just had a small surgery. Everything went well. Not much pain or discomfort afterwards (I didn't take any pain killer, even though doc said I could take some if I couldn't stand the pain after the anesthesia wore off). I guess I had a good doctor :D
Cheekybum & Junior