/me remembers the kerfuffle of the last several Ferriums.

Kazan may be a great coder, but I very much doubt he's got the leadership skills to pull of something like this - you'd think the past two attempts would have shown him that.

Oh well, good luck to him. On the off chance it gets finished this time, we get a new game. If it doesn't, well, we get Kazan back at his ranty best. Either way, there's sure to be amusement in it somewhere :D
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Kazan may be a great coder, but I very much doubt he's got the leadership skills to pull of something like this - you'd think the past two attempts would have shown him that.

Oh well, good luck to him. On the off chance it gets finished this time, we get a new game. If it doesn't, well, we get Kazan back at his ranty best. Either way, there's sure to be amusement in it somewhere :D
I doubt Kazan is actually a great coder; more likely a competent one with a big mouth. That's certainly the impression I get - he's far too narrowminded and egotistical to be truly great at anything.

he's far too narrowminded and egotistical to be truly great at anything.
*Kneels before Aldo*

Teach me. :razz:
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I doubt Kazan is actually a great coder; more likely a competent one with a big mouth. That's certainly the impression I get - he's far too narrowminded and egotistical to be truly great at anything.
Handbags!

Handbags!
£2.99

To be honest, I'd rather do something by myself than work with Kazan, though I doubt I'd do a Space Sim first, but at least that way, I'll be able to have a universe that included my own ideas.

Kazan is a smart guy, but I'm not certain that the idea of 'I'll let you help me write the Engine if you make my universe' is ever going to take off on an unpaid basis. Coming straight out with 'Here's the Starmap' was a bad idea imho, it already tells people that they are going to be creating Kazan's game, and that they'll have limited creative input into the game, that'll put people off for a start.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

What about LS? Don't you care for ol' Aldo?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Now now, you purge all thoughts of working on your own ideas and get back to TI. :nod:
LOL Don't worry, as soon as Uni finishes, which is next Wednesday, I'll finally be able to get my life back a bit :) And have a Core2Duo 6600 to play with, which means fasterness... and probably a healthy amount of time on Supreme Commander at first ;)

As for writing my own game, I would like to one day, but I'm torn between a Space Trader and a City Builder, so I may just write a Space City Builder with Trading one day :D

Now now, you purge all thoughts of working on your own ideas and get back to TI. :nod:
LOL Don't worry, as soon as Uni finishes, which is next Wednesday, I'll finally be able to get my life back a bit :) And have a Core2Duo 6600 to play with, which means fasterness... and probably a healthy amount of time on Supreme Commander at first ;)

As for writing my own game, I would like to one day, but I'm torn between a Space Trader and a City Builder, so I may just write a Space City Builder with Trading one day :D
Why not a game of trading space cities you've built?

(I've been meaning / wanting for ages to do some sort of simple Elite clone for ages, actually; apparently the actual economics model* for the game was pretty simple)

*it's (the original code) available to download somewhere, too, although it'd obv need converted.