I do not exist!

I'm hoping this is somebody's mistake after I asked to have my MT Internal access revoked, but apparently the username "ngtm1r" no longer exists on HLP.

All my posts show as "guest", login fails.

The alternate possiblity is that Fury has banned me out of existence for accusing him of trolling in the Supreme Commander thread, since his own professed view of reality seems wildly out of sync with everyone else's.

Goob, do you know what happened?
IAR
A Numbered Existence
In The Service
Monsters
SAMAS

I strongly suspect this happened when Windrunner took you out of the MT Internal. That looks more like revoked ALL your permissions....
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

deleting a user isnt something you accidentially do... theres at the very least a confirmation page that says 'OMG YOU ARE GOING TO DELETE HIM!!!one"

True, but deleting someone isn't the same as banning them. I suspect Windrunner saw something like 'You are about to delete this users' permissions, continue?' and selected yes, thinking he was only deleting access to the MT Forum.

That's my guess anyway.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Nobody knows. Of course, the only people who have responded so far are Sandwich and Fury...

I'm fairly sure I'll be able to, if not restore the original user, recreate a user that's for all intents and purposes identical to the original one. (How quantum-mechanics-esque!) I'll have to do some fiddling with the forum database though. Might have to wait until this weekend.
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

VWBB Survivor: 12/01-7/04, 130 posts

Re: I do not exist!

I'm hoping this is somebody's mistake after I asked to have my MT Internal access revoked, but apparently the username "ngtm1r" no longer exists on HLP.

All my posts show as "guest", login fails.

The alternate possiblity is that Fury has banned me out of existence for accusing him of trolling in the Supreme Commander thread, since his own professed view of reality seems wildly out of sync with everyone else's.

Goob, do you know what happened?
Did anyone else hear something?

Okay, I think I know how I can fix this. Ngtm1r, try registering a new nickname (not ngtm1r; something different) and post what it is here. What I'll try to do is assign all your "guest" postings to that new user, then rename that new user to ngtm1r.
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

Ok, you now re-exist.

Basically, I did a database update which assigned all Guest posts under your username to your new userid. (And then I renamed you to ngtm1r, which incidentally reset your password.)

Is this okay, or would you like me to try to restore your original account from a forum backup? I don't mind looking into this, but I dunno how long it might take.
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina