uh...?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Kazan wont be back... Even if he did decide to return on his own, the administration has perma-banned him from hard-light.

I had a discussion with Goober after the fact, and persuaded him to dish punishments to Nix, (perhaps he found others too) for their egging him on in the Iran countryside thread. Quite honestly, yes, we all know that Kazan is a hot tempered buffoon at times, but egging him on is as bad as his rants, and punishments should be given out to all parties, not just the loudest.

Nope, there was flamebaiting on every side, which is why every side got punished, I think.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Do you really think he made that Iran thread to show the beauty of the countryside?
It doesnt matter why he made it. The facts are that it was there, and people used it to egg him on.

I just hope the snipers are happy 'cos that's one less coding resource for the FS community (all the baggage that came with him not withstanding).

That isn't a dig at anyone btw :)

I STILL want to know what was so horrible about that fuzzy kitten thread to get it locked.
It was basically spam. And what's more it was spam posted to try and prove some kind of point Kazan wanted to make about how everyone would have a go at him if he posted a thread about kittens.

Fact is that Kazan has been around long enough to know that you shouldn't be doing that sort of stuff cause it only annoys the admins when they have to come along and clean up afterwards.

Let's face it. We all wanted a crackdown on the kind of stupidity and nastiness that was going on on Hard Light and it looks like we're getting it now.
I just hope the snipers are happy 'cos that's one less coding resource for the FS community (all the baggage that came with him not withstanding).
I tend to agree. He might not have done much for the SCP recently but I don't think there are many modelers who will be happy if he decides to not bother with PCS 2 any more.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Agreed, I think it was unfortunate that it had to come to that, but you can't apply different rules to different people, else there are no rules at all.

To be honest, I think I narked Sandwich a bit in his thread, but I didn't ask to moderate General, I was asked to moderate General. I don't enjoy behaving like that, but it is, judging by the comments in Grognards, what was required of me.

Yes, it'll be messy at first, and I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm getting power-mad or just being a tyrant, but that's because they don't see me sitting reading and re-reading difficult threads to try and decide the fairest course of action.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos