Kazan wont be back... Even if he did decide to return on his own, the administration has perma-banned him from hard-light.

I had a discussion with Goober after the fact, and persuaded him to dish punishments to Nix, (perhaps he found others too) for their egging him on in the Iran countryside thread. Quite honestly, yes, we all know that Kazan is a hot tempered buffoon at times, but egging him on is as bad as his rants, and punishments should be given out to all parties, not just the loudest.

Let me be the one to say: f### sake. You persuaded him to ban someone for provoking Kaz? A baker with a bread knife held below his waistline would provoke Kaz.

Let me be the one to say: f### sake. You persuaded him to ban someone for provoking Kaz? A baker with a bread knife held below his waistline would provoke Kaz.
He was however specifically warned not to carry on doing it and flat out ignored that warning.

Furthermore there was absolutely no need to have started in on Kazan in the first place. Does anyone on this thread dispute the fact that most people in the world who have heard of it think that Iran is entirely desert?

The people who started in on Kazan did so because it was Kazan. I doubt any of them would have commented had you or I posted. And that can not be tolerated. Just because you don't like someone is no reason to have a go at them at every opportunity.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Exactly. Regardless of the victim, the rules are still the rules. Why should provoking rage be tolerated because it's directed at Kazan? If anyone else was being provoked it's suddenly "Flaimbaiting" and there's punishment.

Double standards ftl.

It was basically spam. And what's more it was spam posted to try and prove some kind of point Kazan wanted to make about how everyone would have a go at him if he posted a thread about kittens.
When you get right down to HLP is overrun with what amounts to "basically spam". But there was an important lesson contained within that thread, one I think that was missed by the adminstration. Nobody had a go at Kazan. He was proved wrong. We, as a community, could for once drop all our personal issues and just make silly comments on a cute picture. I really don't see the harm in that. It was a good thing to see, to demonstrate.

Certainly it didn't merit total deletion.
IAR
A Numbered Existence
In The Service
Monsters
SAMAS

It was basically spam. And what's more it was spam posted to try and prove some kind of point Kazan wanted to make about how everyone would have a go at him if he posted a thread about kittens.
When you get right down to HLP is overrun with what amounts to "basically spam". But there was an important lesson contained within that thread, one I think that was missed by the adminstration. Nobody had a go at Kazan. He was proved wrong. We, as a community, could for once drop all our personal issues and just make silly comments on a cute picture. I really don't see the harm in that. It was a good thing to see, to demonstrate.

Certainly it didn't merit total deletion.

Actually, I think it's quite the contrary. Kazan said that if he posted a thread about kittens, that people would provoke him. In this case, they didn't just to make him wrong, which, if you think about it, is provocation. :p

Perhaps, but it still proved we could all do something without turning it into an argument. :p

And while I was named as one of the people who constantly rag on him (which I find odd, I haven't done so much recently) I didn't go into the kitty thread and post to prove him wrong.

EDIT: In fact, I really couldn't have, since when I came on the kitty thread was the first that a I viewed and I only found out why it was there after I posted in it.
IAR
A Numbered Existence
In The Service
Monsters
SAMAS

Every post he made was a dare to people on the forum. Almost every thread he makes is a taunt, and he knows it.

Like the post he made about conservatives not being as advanced. I mean really. He was pushing people because he knew he could get away with it.

He didn't make the kitty thread because he wanted a discussion about it.

We still haven't answered the big question....

Was he born from an egg on a mountaintop?
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

*sweeps dust off account

Even though I know Kaz is an idiot, I really didn't see anything that warented a perma-ban. Maybe, they deleted something before I could see it, I don't know.

Anyways, maybe someone should bump "the big thread" and post an ending to it all. :razz:
The Only Thing faster than Lightning, is My Aim.

Kazan got himself perma-banned by spamming the admins ranting about the temporary one apparently.

It's his own fault. I had basically pointed out to him that there was a new set of moderators on HLP he could talk to if he felt he was being picked on but instead of doing the right thing he decided to have a go at the people who were bugging him directly.
The problem with taking vigilante action is that you often end up being punished as much if not more than the original wrongdoer. Kazan is smart enough to know that and yet he ignored it and paid the price.
We still haven't answered the big question....

Was he born from an egg on a mountaintop?
I think we all know he was. What is really important is was he really the punkiest monkey that ever popped?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Soooo.....no PCS2?

....Crap. :(

I wasnt actually holding my breathe for that anyway. Kazan talked a great deal, but he'd rather rant about his mutilated peener than actually do something worthwhile.