If I ever get dementure...

Roll me off a cliff womewhere, mkay?

Nan is making life a living hell at the moment, Mum's literally bust a gut looking after the woman, finding her a care flat first and now, since she's diagnosed with dementure, an old peoples home, and she is just utterly intolerable. The worst part is, it's only Mum she does it to, when Mum's not there she's absolutely fine, the moment she turns up all of a sudden she starts tottering and mumbling and complaining about everything :/

Dementia?

My aunts' mum (in law) has Altzheimers, it's nasty stuff. She's had to go into a home; before she would accuse her nurses of stealing from her. Now she barely recognises her own son, and has had to be sedated because she becomes violent.

For example, we were at a funeral and she came (accompanied, of course; to stop her heating soup with her fork and stuff).

Anyways, at the end, she turned to my mum and said "How's your mother?".

It was, of course, my grans funeral.

I'm sorry to hear that, Flip. It's quite tough for the family of pateints who have neurological diseases.

Ummmm, me waiting for my braces to come off soon... another 18 more months :(
Last edited by Wild Fragaria on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

WF, aren't you supposed to get braces when your a kid? I thought you were over 20. ;)
I don't think there's an age limit :)

According to wikipedia, ~25% of people with braces are over 21.

i was told yesterday I've got a rotten wisdom tooth :(
Eeep.

Well, at least you're not the only one with dodgy dental difficulties; I need to get a splint today to stop me grinding away my teeth at night.

How the hell did we end up on this subject anyways?

Ah.

My fault.