I think WF studies / studied medicine, maybe she can help?
She's a human biologist not a doctor. She couild probably spot something wrong with your lungs but only after dissecting them :D
Ah.

Ok, fetch the cattle-prod and I'll go find Hunter.

LOL, well, my doc thinks it's muscular. I've had a basic X-Ray way back 3 months ago. It's also possble it's because of the medication I'm taking for stomach acid, which can effect the level of protein in the liver for the duration of the course. It could be a twisted muscle, as suggested by Robo. Or, it could be a slightly protuded organ (hernia) but the Doc is not convinced yet. We'll have to wait and see.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I didn't read this until pretty late last night. Anyhow, it is hard to say what you're feeling without knowing your medical history and the current medication you're on. But the general rule - feeling lumps at any part of the body is a health concern.

The most common lumps can occur where you lymph nodes are (around your neck, your armpits and groins), and breasts (too) for women sometimes before and a menstral cycle. That often is a sign that your body is fighting an infection (lymph nodes) or going through some hormonal changes.

Lumps other than the above (or abdominal lumps in this case) could be a hernia, cysts, swollen intestine, infection or aneurysm.

Is there anything else apart from the occasional pain and irration you're feeling (such as constipation or bloating)?

Anyway, your doctor could be right that it might just be a muscular problem. Speak from my non-medical profession experience, I think you might want to get a second opinion from another doctor. You should probably think about getting an MRI or ultrasound (like Greggy mentioned) if the lump exists over a period of time or if you notice significant changes such as more pain or the size of the lump gets bigger. Just to give you an idea, any swellon lymph nodes (about the size of half an inch) should normally go away in about month. In the meantime, having a balanced healthy diet and regular excercise will do some good to your body and can perhaps help your body fight to get better.

I have studied the hernia topic, and all the pictures I've seen are far more apparent and more "rounded" lumps. This looks more like a muscular shape, and is VERY hard to see unless you shine a light on it. It's also a very unlikely location to get a hernia, apparently.

^ SectorHealth would be good, and SectorMusic too.. :P
The Expanse. Watch it!

I have studied the hernia topic, and all the pictures I've seen are far more apparent and more "rounded" lumps. This looks more like a muscular shape, and is VERY hard to see unless you shine a light on it. It's also a very unlikely location to get a hernia, apparently.

The more the merrier!

anyways, 2nd opinions are always good. And for gods sake don't read one of those 'family health' type medical encyclopedias, they'll make you think you have ebola or somesuch.

Yeah, maybe :)

By the way Mr. Hunter, how are you feeling today?
Fine, for all intensive purposes.

Aldo, I know what you mean - I've imagined I've had every illness there is going in the abdomen over the past few weeks.
The Expanse. Watch it!

The more the merrier!

anyways, 2nd opinions are always good. And for gods sake don't read one of those 'family health' type medical encyclopedias, they'll make you think you have ebola or somesuch.
True. Too much info on a specific medical subject could actually make people 'sick'.

I'm glad the hear that you're fine apart from the stomach problem, Mr. Hunter.

Aldo, I know what you mean - I've imagined I've had every illness there is going in the abdomen over the past few weeks.
My dad is doing the same thing. He gave himself a hernia, we think, but one neighbor began mentioning how the pancreas is there, and then somethig on the gall bladder. Turned my father into a hypocondriac!

I think WF studies / studied medicine, maybe she can help?
She's a human biologist not a doctor. She couild probably spot something wrong with your lungs but only after dissecting them :D
Ah.

Actually, many 'non-suregeon' doctors don't get to do what I do with the real organs :D

Ah.

Actually, many 'non-suregeon' doctors don't get to do what I do with the real organs :D
There's probably some smutty comment I'm supposed to make here, but I can't be bothered.

Did you get a cadaver for your final year? Someone I know - knew, really - was doing medicine and apparently got one. Y'know, for study purposes, not taking to the cinema or playing zombie with.

Ah.

There's probably some smutty comment I'm supposed to make here, but I can't be bothered.

Did you get a cadaver for your final year? Someone I know - knew, really - was doing medicine and apparently got one. Y'know, for study purposes, not taking to the cinema or playing zombie with.
Don't think med graduates get that kinda gift here in the States. I made some tissue section slides during my final year. I also made a few slides of my blood smear. Who knows, 10 million years later if my blood slides survived, aliens might be able to clone a whole new me from the DNA samples they get from the slides.

Don't think med graduates get that kinda gift here in the States. I made some tissue section slides during my final year. I also made a few slides of my blood smear. Who knows, 10 million years later if my blood slides survived, aliens might be able to clone a whole new me from the DNA samples they get from the slides.
There's a thought...... I take you're graduated, then? I was never sure if you were final year-ish or finished with all the university pullaver.