(John Underhill, Andover)
I heard that anecdote as

HILL
JOHN
MASS

John Underhill, Andover, Mass[achusetts]

Americentric, natch. ;)
Nope, you're right.

Ah, I think it was to contrast the otherwise inept service he got from the US PO (sending something to a big and famous publisher in California, and getting it returned). An American(born) travel author going back to the states after a long time living in the UK and writing about it, IIRC.

Their stuff is pretty okish, but let's just say I'd love to see a live show, but wouldn't be buying the CD unless I saw them live and wanted to remember it.

Too much like the Dubliners, too little like Steeleye Span or Silly Wizard. (And a distinct lack of the Pogues too.)

Interesting music, interesting people.

Hey, any of you guys like more modern stuff? I have a friend who has a pretty good band. Wanna hear?

http://www.liamandme.com/
reminds me a bit of the Delays. Quite good, but maybe a little soulless/generic for my tastes - there's not anything that makes me jump and go 'hey, there's a hook!'.

Hmmrah. Sounds like everyone is a critic. Haha. :p
But of course.

To be fair, I do have some incredibly tenuous connections to the music biz via my former work. Which means I still know bugger all, but can pretend I known someone who knows someone who met someone who once slept with someone who once met a photographer who shot the manager who first had the idea of becoming manager of someone who used to be a roadie for a band fronted by someone famours.

Or something.

LoL.
Thus the whale avatar?

Suddenly it all makes sense.
Aldo is obsessive compulsive. Hahaha.
Shutup!

You big...

lying git!

1...2..3..4...tie laces, pull up socks, oh no! button out of place! eeeeeeee!