Memory....

You know they say that as you get older your memory gets worse?

Well, it's occuring to me that it doesn't get worse, it just gets....bigger....

I find myself not able to remember pertinent facts not because I don't have the answer, but because there are several pertinent facts. I've watched so many comedians that I don't remember which told what jokes etc. As soon as someone mentions the name, I'll immediately put names to faces/quotes etc, but sometimes getting information out without some kind of guide is pot luck.

It's kinda like having a Hard Drive that's filling up with data, it takes longer to access the data, and there's no defrag option :(

It's wierd...

Who are you and why are you in my house?!
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

LoL.

I call it a magical drug that induces that kind of behaviour... <..< >..>

But yes, some things are best left forgotten.

I have a horrible short term memory at times, my long term memory isn't all that great either.

A friend of mine is a bloody robot though. He memorised pi to 100 decimals, has recorded all of our mates number plates in his head, and is very very rarely ever seen forgetting something.
I reckon his brain will wear out as he gets older though. :p
Grug
Returned Loveable SectorGame Addict

The Apocalypse Project | Machina Terra | Lost Souls | Starfox: Shadows of Lylat | Stargate SG1: Earth's Defense

Periodic table in school was a frickin' nightmare. Everyweek a test, get less than half (10) right and you had to write it all down. then 2 copies the next week, 3 copies the next. I had about 50 copies after a couple of months.

I could never learn anything by heart, but I can remember stuff with practice. I can remember lots and lots of useless facts, but putting it all together is hard... And that's just being 18.....

What do you know?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright