Goobs dirty tricks

In this months' Pc Gamer UKs' 'spy' section (i.e. rumours)
As one space series is reborn, another glimmered and flickered before disappearing off the radar. Freespace 3 was rumoured to be appearing at Microsofts's X05 event as an Xbox360 title, according to a leaked X05 flier. The game didn't show but The Spy's heart is quickened by the revalation that a mystery rights holder has recently been touting the license for the brilliant space combat game, according to Derek Smart of Universal Combat fame
(and the second part? SHUDDER!)

Jesus H christ.

Should we tell them?

Or will this rumour go so far as to make MS believe it's a good idea anyways and buy the rights? Is that a good thing?

Awesomeness. Someone should tell them where it originated (erm... in a few days that is, once everything is active again).

As for the second part, someone should set that part straight too. Preferably with links to the news stories carried at the time.
Shoot the gun and net the ball in this game

Absolutely hilarious. Goes to show though that no one does proper research anymore :p

Of course, I don't know what the Derek Smart mention is about. I've suspected that there might be something happening there, with Interplay's virtual death and all, but I still have no idea what it might be. The way Volition finally said something to one of the sites hosting the FS2 ISOs is interesting in this light.

As for the second part, someone should set that part straight too. Preferably with links to the news stories carried at the time.
I don't know where they got it from (or if they just pulled it out their rectum), but it's not a reference to our shenanigans with DEREK SMART PHD MYARSE when he tried to buy it.

Of course, I don't know what the Derek Smart mention is about. I've suspected that there might be something happening there, with Interplay's virtual death and all, but I still have no idea what it might be. The way Volition finally said something to one of the sites hosting the FS2 ISOs is interesting in this light.
It's certainly intriguing. IIRC, in that email he sent, DaveB mentioned something along the lines of [V] having first preference when it came to purchasing the rights.

And as for the rumor, it's awesome both because Goob did it, and because it shows there's still big support for FS2.

Actually... Rather than sending 'em a correction, send 'em some screenshots from the SCP and tell 'em they're sneak peak screenies of FS3 :p
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Which, any way you look at it, is absolutely right. Applying the EULA sharing clause to making a full download freely available was a stretch, at the very least. At any rate, the HOTU version is still up, and we can always keep the necessary VP files to update it to the full version on the FTP/wherever. I doubt [v] would really care much about that, much less find out about it.

P.S. You're famous, Goob! :P
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens