When I first played the mission I'd read all the spoilers, so I was anticipating this whole cool sequence witht he Shivan - but I was already burning when he latched on, and he just kinda shook off without me ever noticing. Then when I went back and replayed the mission, it didn't show up in external view - felt a little cheated.

That said, voice acting was rock solid, and the campaign was overall very good, so I liked STR.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

I was thinking that Freespace might have been produced in some area in Europe, or maybe in the UK or adjacent to that area. The major reasons being because it is apparently very popular in Europe and so many members on SG and HLP are from a country in Europe or the UK, or at least originated from there. Now that I thought about it more and the English sounds American, perhaps I was wrong. I suppose Interplay and Volition's headquarters is here. I think I read that FS was advertized a lot in Europe though.

Volition is based in Illinois. Champaign, IIRc.

Interplay is/was based in California, although it's financial collapse means, I think, it is now fully owned by a French company.

I don't actually remember ever seeing an FS2 advert, although non-magazine advertising was uncommon then IIRC. I suspect there may just be a bigger niche for certain genres in certain european countries.

It's also probable that you're noticing non-US members at SG/HLP more, because you're used to - and assumptive of - the presence of US members.
Yeah I got the FS2 storywriter to reveal his plans for FS3, that was pretty cool.
Pretty cool? f#####g amazing, IMO. I doff my cap to you.

Makes me want to make stuff again - some of the things they planned were some of the things I wanted to do.

(Admittedly, there's been so many ideas over the years that the plans aren't quite as mind-boggling as much as 'oh, so it's that one'. )

More contributions are always welcome. I'm heavily involved in Blue Planet, which is a very character-driven narrative departure from the FS1/2 style. It exploded in popularity while all the more traditional campaigns died out, and I'm left wishing for something closer to FS2's narrative style to stand beside BP. There's only so much of this particular style I want to play - or make, for that matter.

I'm looking forward to major model projects getting done, like the Colossus and Sathanas. Also the Terran and Vasudan AWACS ships and more Shivan goodies. We can only hope that the Colossus and Sathanas will get done sometime soon, if not before April, then hopefully before May.

Soon the SCP team may have to make FSO multi-core compatible for CPUs and use all the features of modern GPUs, or FSO will slow down from all the new models or people will be forced to make models less detailed. :(

Re:

Volition is based in Illinois. Champaign, IIRc.

Interplay is/was based in California, although it's financial collapse means, I think, it is now fully owned by a French company.

I don't actually remember ever seeing an FS2 advert, although non-magazine advertising was uncommon then IIRC. I suspect there may just be a bigger niche for certain genres in certain european countries.

It's also probable that you're noticing non-US members at SG/HLP more, because you're used to - and assumptive of - the presence of US members.
Yeah I got the FS2 storywriter to reveal his plans for FS3, that was pretty cool.
Pretty cool? f#####g amazing, IMO. I doff my cap to you.

Makes me want to make stuff again - some of the things they planned were some of the things I wanted to do.

(Admittedly, there's been so many ideas over the years that the plans aren't quite as mind-boggling as much as 'oh, so it's that one'. )
T'was seriously cool but it seems to me nothing had really been decided and the commercial failure of FS2 meant nobody bothered to make any firm decsions.
Also I feel like aking stuff agan. I'll probably be bored again after a week or so, tho.