Hmm... you're right, there might be more to that name than just another archaeological site. The Nebula as the Labyrinth, the Shivans as the Minotaur... Now we need Theseus to go kill them all?
Theseus kills the Minotaur and escapes the Labyrinth... so the player could be Theseus (and the Minotaur the Ravana). After killing the Minotaur (and some other events), Theseus has to enter Hades to rescue Persephone (rescuing Snipes / The Lions Den?)....

But I'd wager that's far too convuluted. The Labyrinth = Nebula thing is pretty cool though.

I also just noticed that The Reapers from Mass Effect could be highly similar to the Shivans
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I also just noticed that The Reapers from Mass Effect could be highly similar to the Shivans
Except that the Shivans are really, really awesome.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

The Shivans are enough of a combination of abstract + generic that you could reference most stuff to them, though - red/black evil insect aliens with spikey ships.

The spikes make all the difference
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I've known this for ages (though, in fairness, I'm a big fan of Classical Greek mythology). Guess I just assumed everyone did.

It's even more interesting if you compare the idea of 'following the buoys' in the Nebula and following the piece of string in the original Labyrinth ;)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

It's even more interesting if you compare the idea of 'following the buoys' in the Nebula and following the piece of string in the original Labyrinth ;)
Oooh... The metaphor runs deep...