Difficulty with FSport MediaVPS

I've had the latest FSport and mediavps for a while and its been running smoothly. But to both my amazement and horror just tonight, I found the most wonderful of models, textures and just about everything that makes the whole FS1 era look just stunning.

Now, here is my problem. When I run FSPORT or Silent Threat: Reborn, they doesnt use the mediavps, but when I run the mediavps as itself, they are used. I wonder if anyone could explain this and offer a solution, because I would both like to get them properly working for FSport, ST:R anda custom simple mod that can already run FSport.

The installation of the FSPort is a bit tricky, since there are two separate folders that you need to control the dependencies of. When you download the Port, you'll want to put the normal files into a folder called "fsport" and the FSPort MediaVP into a folder called "fsport-mediavps." The Port MediaVP release should include a mod.ini file with the secondary mod list "fsport,mediavps." So when you want to run the Port by itself, just select the "fsport-mediavps" folder in the Launcher, and everything should be set right to get you all of the related graphical enhancements. To run another mod that depends on the Port, you'll want its mod.ini file's secondary list to read "fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps," so that you get the full benefits of the graphical enhancements on top of the mod's own content. As for Silent Threat: Reborn, the mod.ini file included with it should set the proper dependencies itself, provided you installed the Port and Port MediaVP files properly.

Oh, and make sure you're using the most recent version of the Launcher, 5.5e, before doing any of this. Previous Launcher versions had a bug about recognizing hyphens in folder names.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

Haha, I think I found the error. A silly naming convention in the fsport folder. It had -primarylist and -secondarylist. Normally, it doesn't have these dashes. Taking them out fixed it perfectly. I don't honestly know how I missed it.

In any case, I did a clean install of my FSPort to make sure and it now works flawlessly. Thanks for that.

Edit: I did the secondarylist additions to both ST:R and a simple folder with a mod.ini. Both now are compatible with the FSPort-Mediavps. All's well now. At least anyone with the same issue can view this thread.

I've also discovered a new issue, running the simple mod. When opening in an editor, none of the assets from FS1 era appear, but everything else does. When I mean FS1 assets, I mean models, weapons, etc....