New stuff, but no one sends it in

Well I've noticed there is always the odd new release in the community, be it a campaign, a ship, a texture pack, a music pack, a render or whatever. But no one sends them along to FreeSpace 2 Sector anymore, mainly because they can't be bothered or aren't aware of our site. I've thought about adding all kinds of new things to F2S over the past year, but I just don't have the willpower or interest to do it when I get practically zero support or shows or hands. Maybe when I find the time to put them together, I will re-open the more in depth areas of the site. Help with building things is not the help that someone like myself needs, what I need is a show of support so that I know it's worth it in the first place. For example, I would never have built any levels for D3 had I got no support for them.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I don't have any new stuff, so ummmmmm, dunno what I can say. In the past (which is a while ago, admittedly, back to CoW days) I couldn't find a decent way to upload stuff, though, and it tended to be that you picked up and uploaded anything I released anyways.

Well in the old days I had time to go around and do that, and as I recall I made a mirror for CoW alongside some other large projects of the time. Anyway, these days it's not that hard to send stuff in. In the old days, when it was tedious to do through e-mail, I received far more submissions. I've noticed lot's of people over time having trouble finding places to put their stuff, and yet no one comes to F2S to do just that.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Well in the old days I had time to go around and do that, and as I recall I made a mirror for CoW alongside some other large projects of the time. Anyway, these days it's not that hard to send stuff in. In the old days, when it was tedious to do through e-mail, I received far more submissions. I've noticed lot's of people over time having trouble finding places to put their stuff, and yet no one comes to F2S to do just that.
Pimping the place a little more on HLP and GW would take care of that. I would but I barely show my face in FS Modding these days.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

I think the problem really is not enough advertising. Now that FreespaceMods has been up and running from some time, people know that they have a do-it-yourself means of uploading new content. They may not be aware of any available mirrors for their data.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

i have a campaign and music. but i want to post to a site that will likely have the most amount of hits and reviews for the effort.
spent a lot of time on the modding lately, but other things i'm working on aren't yet finished.
Your only as big as the things that make you angry... My cat ate my bread!!!!

yes. I knew it was likely to be a old post... with all the dead threads, (2003?!) on this site...
Your only as big as the things that make you angry... My cat ate my bread!!!!