Getting Ideas Together

Ok, I have been getting some good ideas together for mods. Only thing I do not do well at is ship modelling. Still, I like to get a few ideas off the drawing board and happening.

Currently working on like sound, music and weapons. Also started to gain experience on animation creation, for like briefings and stuff.

make a mod where all the weapons are beams

make a freelancer mod

make a mod where all the cutscenes are cutscene missions

make a the last starfighter mod

Bah, im outta story ideas.

All I can really say is that I could do...well, nearly everything. Definately not ship modelling, cause I do a sucky job at it.

Suggestions for mod development? Post here.

I have a really great storyline, the only problem being that with time it would make a good novel. and would require several TeraBytes to create it in a polished campaign.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

make a mod where all the weapons are beams
Why?
While it makes for inexplicable uncompromisable unreasonable unbelievable balance issues, it is incredibly satisfying to play a game where the only objective is to feverantly thrash your joystick around trying to catch enemy fighters in massive energy beams.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

All weapons are beams is a stupid idea since you can shoot something 9000 meters away just by aiming at it.
Exactly. Except none of the standard beams have that range.

What do you mean? The retail beams don't fire that far because they're programmed not to. If you were in control of the beam, you could fire at something 20,000km away. The only reason it doesn't do that in retail is because the AI is told only to fire with their beam weapons within a certain range. Believe me, I love fighterbeams. But having every weapon as a fighterbeam will make things pointless.

Now, listen. Im getting a fair idea of what I want for my own little development.

So far, backgrounds, music and sounds are taken care of, but ships and weapons I'm still dealing with. When I have the weapons, how about I compile the stuff together to give u folks an idea of what im after

Got a nice campaign idea, but it involves taking a few things like ships and interface art from Inferno R1 and FS1Port, plus some music and audio from other games. The actual campaign concept I got in mind, I believe, is unlike any campaign built so far.

Here is my ideal story idea:

"Eye of Terror"
2360 A.D (New Storyline)

In deep-space, there are no "real" rules, laws and powers. Only the strong, loot-plundering, adventuring, power-mad and weak. In other words, no "true" peace. Piracy flows, chaos reigns, disaster rises and its every man for himself in theory, except for those few government and organisational powers wanting to bring some "order".

You and your friends are just one of these simple groups, going round doing everybody's dirty work, making money, making a name for yourself, you name it. But when a massive alien invasion is at hand, even the most ruthless of pirates will need to band together to battle this new threat.

Be ready....be prepared to look through the eye of terror. Terror....is coming.

What do you mean? The retail beams don't fire that far because they're programmed not to. If you were in control of the beam, you could fire at something 20,000km away. The only reason it doesn't do that in retail is because the AI is told only to fire with their beam weapons within a certain range. Believe me, I love fighterbeams. But having every weapon as a fighterbeam will make things pointless.
*Slaps own head* You still don't understand do you...

*Slaps own head* You still don't understand do you...
No, I don't. :p