It sounds stupid.
You sound stupid. Haven't you ever felt the pure rapture of being all-powerful?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Overall, in other words, in this story, ur not really allied or against anyone, but in the end, with my refreshed shivans, everybody will wanna bunch up to fight.

All that when you just start off wacking vasudans and pirates.

Hey guys,

I actually ran my campaign idea with a coupla friends and you know what, we kinda like it. In fact, we've been experimenting with what things could be like and we've had a blast.

So far, we focus on a lot of Terran vs Terran and/or Shivan fights. Vasudans, we really can't find that much of a liking for but still, we're thinking about it.

Might post some screenies sometime =)

My crew and I have had a good haul with our developing, but for actually getting a decent campaign going, not really happening. I mean, we found all the stuff we like, but it doesnt seem too catchy for a actualy campaign.

We're also pretty down about our ship modelling. Haven't been able to get a decent design working.

Ok, new idea. It may sound kinda dumb, but I thought of making something like what Wing Commander: Secret Ops was.

I know it sounds almost like what the WC Saga are doing, but its not actually. WC: SO will not have anything to do with the saga. Besides, im not thinking of something totally accurate, but similar.

Get my drift?
Last edited by Starwolf1991 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Overall, in other words, in this story, ur not really allied or against anyone, but in the end, with my refreshed shivans, everybody will wanna bunch up to fight.

All that when you just start off wacking vasudans and pirates.
please relase a demo where the text in bold is the basis of 6 to all of the missions.

After experimenting and frustration, I have decided a WC:SO mod would be cool to make. But here is a catch or maybe a few:

-Seeing as my modelling sucks, I have to resort to reskinning already made ships.
-Have to redo interface art to match theme.
-Take whole thing apart.

However, I know where im headed so it should be easy. Will bring details up later.

What I will need help with is how to get my missions to be like the fs2 campaign lvls. In other words, music not going to victory after 18 seconds of no action or how to get one mission to string to another when putting campaign together.

What I will need help with is how to get my missions to be like the fs2 campaign lvls. In other words, music not going to victory after 18 seconds of no action or how to get one mission to string to another when putting campaign together.
Both of those are pretty easy. The first one for instance is simply a matter of making sure that you have an objective that still isn't complete 18 seconds in. :)

Stringing a campaign together is also not hard. It's just a matter of making sure that the first option(s) use is-previous-goal-true to make sure that the player can move on to his next mission. The last SEXP should be set to true and should make the player repeat the mission.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

After doing some messing about, I found I can do pretty much whatever I felt like, but deciding on the best idea is a little hard.

For now, I'm keeping ideas on the side.