Just an update: I meant actually program something like that into the weapons table. I know how to make wepaons, just not how to make them require ammo like BSG and get them to actually work.

Launcher Command Lines? What do u mean
If you have a recent build of the Freespace SCP then there is a launcher you need to configure to use it. There is a command line in there somewhere, to which you will need to add that. Assuming that you do not have one, you need one for this to work methinks.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Yeah! Just got it working!

Appears you need to just have the "Ballistic" Flag in flags, have a re-arm rate, cargo size and make sure the weapon is allowed in ship weaponry.

Thanx guys. Im gonna tinker around and see what I can come up with. I still havent fixed my SCP problems, which can be found on my other thread

actualy, caro size determines the cargo size of each bullet. "ballistic" makes it have ammo, and $PBank capacity: allows you too make each ship/weapon bank carry a different amount of ammo.

Must admit, it would be nice not to have to alter a ship .tbl every time you create a new weapon. I wonder if some general tag like All_Fighter or All_Bomber that over-rode the ship settings would be useful in the weapons flags? Hmmmmmm......
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

You could do that in FRED. But then again I have had to find a way to do anything in FRED because that is all I can do.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦