Freespace 2 HELP!!!, technical problem (i think....)

Please help a fairly computer stupid chap. :oops: Running through the mission clash of the titans II, the Bastion stops following it's waypoint at 9:40 left to... and starts pulling very slow cookies!!!! :( I can't seem to find any way to get it back on course, and can't figure out a way to edit the mission to check if there is an error in it's source.

If anyone can help, or even if someone can suggest something even remotely possible to fix it, I would be very very happy. :D

BTW, these little "emoticons" are freakin' sweet!!!! :toothy5:

Yeah. I think I know what's causing this. It's a farily simple cure.

Basically there is a point in the mission where the game is checking if the Bastion has reached its waypoint. Problem is that it's missed by a couple of metres and is now turning on the spot trying to hit it. All that needs to be done is to change it from checking if waypoints are done to checking if the Bastion is say 20m away from the final waypoint. and cancelling it's orders.

Are you running FS2_Open or Retail? I can fix either quite easily but I need to know which one you have.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

thanks for replying! Retail, but am doing some research on -open seeing what it's about.

and not to sound dumb, but was this a really bad place to post this? I don't want to make anyone angry....
28 years old, and seeing this :smash: just makes me giggle like a schoolgirl!

thanks for replying! Retail, but am doing some research on -open seeing what it's about.

and not to sound dumb, but was this a really bad place to post this? I don't want to make anyone angry....
Don't worry, this is the nicest place in the entire FS2 community, didn't you read the title line?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

SectorGame on the other hand is a lot more relaxed than HLP. Since it has a much smaller user base than HLP SectorGame has more of a members club feeling than HLP as the people on the board tend to know each other quite well. That said everyone is generally quite welcoming to new people. One good thing about SectorGame is that everyone on the board tends to have a fair bit of knowledge about FS2 as most of the members have been in the community for years.
That was the description I gave of the place in my FAQ.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

SectorGame on the other hand is a lot more relaxed than HLP. Since it has a much smaller user base than HLP SectorGame has more of a members club feeling than HLP as the people on the board tend to know each other quite well. That said everyone is generally quite welcoming to new people. One good thing about SectorGame is that everyone on the board tends to have a fair bit of knowledge about FS2 as most of the members have been in the community for years.
That was the description I gave of the place in my FAQ.
A 5 Star review :wink:
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦