Reset near campaign end

Hi Everyone,

Having great fun playing freespace 2, but something incredibly annoying has happened. I was up to around mission 39 (so close to the end!) when the game decided to reset the campaign. No options to continue from where I was and the unlocked missions in the tech room had gone.

Now I likely will play the game through again sometime in the future, but for now I just want to finish the main campaign. Is there any way to get the game back to where I was without going through all of the missions again?

I'm running Freespace 2 retail with the 1.2 patch.

Cheers

Otto

Unless you're counting the Training missions I don't think FS2 even has 39 missions.

I can think of a few things that might have happened and they're pretty easily solved. What I need to know though is what happened in the last mission you had played. That way I can build you a campaign file that will let you start from the point you got to.

Also do you have the 3CD version of FS2 or did you download the HotU version or something similar. Cause there is an issue with missing cutscenes there which could cause it to look like an error has occured when nothing is actually wrong beyond you missing the cutscene.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

According to http://www.the-spoiler.com/ACTION/Volit ... /index.htm I was up to Mission 39 - Their Finest Hour.

Had just finished the Dunkerque mission where you had to defend 3rd fleet HQ while it was being evacuated.

Both transports managed to dock with the destroyer and all escaped. All of the shivans were destroyed (unless they keep respawning after the mission has "ended"). Fleet HQ itself self-destructed as the destroyer and transports jumped out.

Can't remember how many wingmen survived, I ignore them a bit too much for that.

Was flying a Ulysses with double kayser's, tempests and I think Trebuchets.

I'm running the 3 CD retail version of the game. I figure it's decided to restart because when I go into the continue campaign section, it asks for CD 2 then goes into the first training mission. There are also no missions to select in the tech room at all.

Thanks for the help karajorma.

Cheers

Otto

May I point you towards Inferno for good a campaign to try out?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦