It'd work fine as long as they didn't try to explain it. I mean, if we go in to the nebula only to find dust and ashes and nothing else, a seperate plot could be concocted that was just as mysterious and not ruin the original.
Erik McClure

However there's another intresting theory. Maybe Shivans are existing for a very long time and driffences beetwen FS1 and FS2 in their tech level was not because they had no FS2 technology, but...they've specially sent such a low-tech forces? Maybe Shivans are fighting for sport/religy/whatever sending little more advanced forces than their enemises' and Ancients were destroyed because they destroyed races, which could be good Shivan enemises in future?
I think the Shivan warships in FS1 where at the same level like in FS2, but Volution had no game-enige for that.^^

If you played the fs-port-mod you can play the story of FS1 with your FS2. And if you want, you can change the weapons FS2alike. You 'll see, there is no great difference.
My english isnt the best. I know. Dont be angry plz. I do my best. :)

Now that this post is at the top of the board again, why not keep it there?

I reckon that the Shivans blew up capella because that it would be a great way to indirectly attack the GTVA. They would cause the next great depression and the GTVA would be weak and rebuilding for years. Then the Shivans would just finish them off.

And the Lucifer had impenitrable shields and planet-scaring flux cannons. Volition needed to cook up SOME new big thing!
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Your english may not be the best, but certainly YOU CAN READ DATES?!

Kmon, i posted in here last AUGUST. this post is 3 MONTHS OLD.

Oh wait, this is sectorgame.

Nevermind.
Hey it is a interesting topic. Why we should not discuss it?

I love beating things to death! but what ever, i'll go with the majority.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

"Trillions of component particles being spewed away from the Capella sun at extreme hypervelocities."

You don't have a trillion component particles, it depends on what type of particles your talking about, which depends on how far away you were from teh supernova explosion. Now if you got blown into positrons, mesons, and quarks, then we're talking trillions of billions. But if your talking about ATOMS, then we're only talking maybe a billion to a few hundred trillion.
Erik McClure

Because it has been beaten to death countles times, and a very many people are very tired of it.
Okay, if it is illegal here to ressurect a dead thread, and don't discuss a topic then this is not my place. :(

It's not disallowed to resurrect old posts here. At least, not by a few months. I have the final say on it - don't mind what others say.
The Expanse. Watch it!

You don't have a trillion component particles, it depends on what type of particles your talking about, which depends on how far away you were from teh supernova explosion. Now if you got blown into positrons, mesons, and quarks, then we're talking trillions of billions. But if your talking about ATOMS, then we're only talking maybe a billion to a few hundred trillion.

So what? did you ever tell VasudanAdmiral that he would be a rotting corpse smelling like fungified feet wrapped in leathery burnt bacon in his Psamtik escape pod? (also note that the Psamtik launched no escape pods)

Sorry...
I DIDN'T MEAN TO UPSET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*sobbing*