Deimos mod

ok folks, here's what im trying to do... I've changed the diemos so that i can fly it, and have created a new beam that i can have as a constant use weapon. now what im trying to do is mod the game so that you can view from, and control and fire your turrets... any ideas?
"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success"
,007 Tommarow Never Dies

Yeah I don't know squat about coding, but what i've picked up on is that that's nearly impossible. Lot's of people have tried. Anyway why would you want to controle your turrets? you'd have to have 10 different target screens and it'd just be a nightmare surely?

I'd suggest adding a primary firepoint or two where the bow turrets are and then locking those turrets or removing their table entry entirely for the player-flyable version. That way you could control your forward weapons (pull trigger) while still not having to control 27 turrets.

right, ive done that, but i wanted control over the rest... from what im told however, the would be really friggin hard to do, so....... new plan... does anyone know where the information is stored that lists the subsystems and the damages to them is at?
,007 Tommarow Never Dies

I'd suggest adding a primary firepoint or two where the bow turrets are and then locking those turrets or removing their table entry entirely for the player-flyable version. That way you could control your forward weapons (pull trigger) while still not having to control 27 turrets.
Actually, for the flank turrets, at least perhaps the TerSlashes, there may be a way to use them. Since WMC added support for greater than 2 primary bays, and more recently non-forward default firepoint normals, you could have the flank batteries set to a specific normal so you could aim with side views. The downside is that they can't then target and track, so you'd have to move the entire ship to aim them too.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

that i had thought of... making like 3 lasers on each side all pointed inwards to a central point so i could do that, but the problem you pointed out was the end of that thought. So do you at least know where all of the information that tells it to display hull integraty at the top of the screen is? the problem im having just leaving them to fire is that every time u get hit, it trys to display all 26 turrets n the other stuff, and it crashes the game. what i want to do is have it not show the turrets so that i can leave them to function normaly and cover me, without making the game crash. thnx folks
,007 Tommarow Never Dies