HTL Lucifer RELEASE

W00t! At loooooong last, I've finished the lucy. It's been far too long comming, since it really should have been done months ago with the first pack release, but finishing school and the HSC put a stop to that.

============ Lucifer =============

Credits: Used Lightspeeds Lucifer textures as a base for this merged one. All else by me, and thanks to DaBrain for texture format help. :)
^This is a bit of an old pic now, but I'm too lazy and tired to get a better one. The main difference anyway is that this one has no turrets, and is also lacking the claw thingies on the part behind the arms.

Old & New Comparison 1
Old & New Comparison 2
Old & New Comparison 3

Ok, there are two versions of this as follows:

1) Highest Detail
=> 12 304 polys, 2048x2048 res texture (high detail turrets :\ )
Download - 6 megs
This is a seriously high detail version, though it should run pretty smoothly when you consider that there will only be one of them at a time, all turrets are using the main map which will already be in memory, and it doesn't have a lot of them anyway.
If however you do find it's not running well, and you don't want to use the low detail version, CLICK HERE for a small (605kb) zip containing a half size glow, shine and debris map.

2) Medium Detail
=> 4613 polys, 1024x1024 res texture
Download - 1.8 megs
This is for those peeps whose machines may have a bit of trouble keeping up. Visually, there's not all that much difference, but the smaller texture set will be the main advantage in terms of performance here. :)

It's also worth mentioning that these Lucifer varients have two additional turrets - the weird 4 claw thingies on the sides. We're pretty sure these are intended to be what the Lucy uses to pummel hapless planets like VPrime to scrap with as opposed to the arm guns, which appear to be more of an anti-ship weapon.
Anyway, to activate them, insert:

$Subsystem: turret18,0.5,0.5
$Default PBanks: ( "InsertWeaponHere" )
$Subsystem: turret19,0.5,0.5
$Default PBanks: ( "InsertWeaponHere" )

to the Lucifers table entry at the end of the turret, and before the subsystems. (If you are unsure, just ask.)
===================================

Now, I already released this on HLP......but it got about 4 or so replys, so I'll try again here. ;)

============ TC-Tri =============

Credits: Original model built by Black Wolf, model modifications, texture and rest by me.
Piccy 2
Old & New Comparison

Three versions of the box as follows:

1) Highest Detail
=> 3420 polys, 2048x2048 res texture
Download - 5.6 megs
Yes, this is an insane level of detail for a glorified box, but it's a box the size of a cruiser!

2) Medium Detail
=> 3420 polys, 1024x1024 res texture (same model, smaller texture)
Download - 1.4 megs
Here's a more sane version

3) Tiled Monstrosity
=> 1661 polys, 1024x1024 res texture
Download - 561 kb
I hate this version, and bear no responsability for any meals you loose whenever you look at it. :p (yes - I really hate texture tiling)

Both the UV mapped versions have nameplates with a blank template included. The tiled version doesn't because I forgot. :)
===================================

Let me know of any bugs and I'll do my best to fix em. If a texture Guru wants to go over the textures and beautify them, go ahead! Other than that, enjoy!

Oh, and next on my todo list is the Arcadia followed by the Poesiodon, so nobody nick em! Or else! :p
Twisted Infinities

Excellent work, sah! Looks great... :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...
:flag209:
As the madmen play on words
And make us all dance to their song
To the tune of starving millions
To make a better kind of gun...

Awesome!

You shoulda used the cool triangle turrets like in the FS1 intro though, but whatever... cool anyways, and they'd look rather odd shooting such puny blasts.

I think we might need an HTL FS1 endgame soon...
Last edited by FireCrack on Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, that thing. (sorry - forgot it was so triangular.)
I assumed it became the missile launcher the in-game model has on the bottom of the chin, though the location is about the only thing they have in common. :\

And thanks for the responses all of you. :)
I've begun work on the arcadia today, so that'll likely be the next thing from me.
Twisted Infinities

VA, for your arcadia, i'd like to request somthing, and suggest somthing...

For the request, i may start work on an HTL argo soon, and it would be nice if it could nicely dock to the arcadia. The arcadia has some "trpple dock ports" (see at the end of the 'claw'" that would fit the argo's respective tripple port nicely, only they're too close together. If you could tweak these (and ofcourse put a dockpoint on them) so they fit the argo that would be excelent.

And my suggestion is just to see alot of docking points in general.

Anyways, thanks.

I know I've mentioned before, but when it comes to making the Arcadia, would you be able to make a variant of it for the GTI Riviera? Its noticeable difference is the mast structure on the cargo flat section.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

For the request, i may start work on an HTL argo soon, and it would be nice if it could nicely dock to the arcadia. The arcadia has some "trpple dock ports" (see at the end of the 'claw') that would fit the argo's respective tripple port nicely, only they're too close together. If you could tweak these (and ofcourse put a dockpoint on them) so they fit the argo that would be excelent.
Sure thing. :)
If you put a dockpoint on the middle of the three unused ports and align it parallel with the row, it should connect nicely.
As for where, how about here?
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/twisted-inf ... TLWIP1.jpg
In case you're wondering where this bit goes, or are thinking that's the whole platform: It's not!
I know I've mentioned before, but when it comes to making the Arcadia, would you be able to make a variant of it for the GTI Riviera? Its noticeable difference is the mast structure on the cargo flat section.
The plan is to make that thing a destroyable subobject that fredders can destroy if they don't want it. Will that work?
Twisted Infinities

Yeah, the idea was for it to become part of the basic arcadia design, but if someone wanted to be ultra-canon, they could remove it if they wished.
P'raps it'd be better to just use a model variant after all - since having it as a separate subobject, let alone a separate ship is inefficient? :\
Twisted Infinities