For the request, i may start work on an HTL argo soon, and it would be nice if it could nicely dock to the arcadia. The arcadia has some "trpple dock ports" (see at the end of the 'claw') that would fit the argo's respective tripple port nicely, only they're too close together. If you could tweak these (and ofcourse put a dockpoint on them) so they fit the argo that would be excelent.
Sure thing. :)
If you put a dockpoint on the middle of the three unused ports and align it parallel with the row, it should connect nicely.
As for where, how about here?
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/twisted-inf ... TLWIP1.jpg
In case you're wondering where this bit goes, or are thinking that's the whole platform: It's not!

Awesome, thanks for that.

If you put a dockpoint on the middle of the three unused ports and align it parallel with the row, it should connect nicely.
As for where, how about here?
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/twisted-inf ... TLWIP1.jpg
Whoa, that looks super! :)

Don't worry about putting dockpoints on the Argo, as somebody did that already (for the SCP screenshot contest). We can grab it once HLP is back up.
Now that we have it maybe multi-docking might be a better way to approach it.
Ya, that sounds like the best idea. Especially since Inferno is going to town on the whole Arcadia optional upgrades kit. :p
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

VWBB Survivor: 12/01-7/04, 130 posts

Even on the model variant WITH the mast, I do suggest you make it a destroyable sub-object, with a destroyed submodel for it as well. Could make for some interesting missions.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

You'll have to
- make it non-targetable
- make it not appear on radar
- Make sure that it gets blown up when the station is blown up
- realize that it won't function as a normal subsystem, ie damage to it will not affect the station in any way and akhetons will be virtually useless against it.
- realize that it will be a full-fledged object, and therefore take up slightly more memory, collision, and AI time for every instance of it in-game
- realize that it will also take up slightly more time with docking code, and of course the Arcadia will show up on the HUD as being docked to it.

Of course it'll take up the extra ship_info memory space, not really that big of an issue.

Altogether it just seems better to make it a destroyable subobject and add a TBL flag or something to let you switch it 'off' from ships.tbl so that it acts like a subobject and not as a ship, since this sounds like it's becoming a popular situation to have these 'modules'...

Who said anything about doing all of that? I'm advocating treating it as a fully-fledged separate extension, targetable and all. Forget all that no-targeting/stealth/subsystem work.

By making it a separate ship, you can arrange the modules any way you like. You could dock the antenna the other way around, if you wanted to, or on the other side of the platform. You could also dock the antenna to an Orion to make a mobile sensor platform, for example. Furthermore, you could use the antenna on an Arcas without needing to edit the Arcas's model or ship entry.

This doesn't have to conflict with the in-game universe, either. The GTVA could say it made a number of these docking modules to customize installations for different purposes. Each module is towed into position and docked to create a semi-permanent extension. That's how Inferno is justifying all the GTEx* modules.

I wouldn't advocate doing this with something as small as a radar dish, but that antenna is so huge it looks like it deserves its own ship entry.
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

VWBB Survivor: 12/01-7/04, 130 posts

That's how Inferno is justifying all the GTEx* modules.
Good job telling everyone what Inferno is doing twice. Yes, it's a minor issue, but what if they didn't want that out? Huh? HUH?!

Hmm, I think I'll go with the docked option, and provide a template table for it that will make it "Nothing", which people can fiddle with as they wish. Does that sound suitable? :)

Oh, and while HLP's down, does anyone ('specially WMC for 1) ;) ) know how to create and use:
1) .TBM files
2) Non-targetable destroyable subobjects
3) Bob's detail boxes (these will be incredibly handy for high-detail greebling.

Thanks in advance. :)
Huh? O.o They already posted about it in their public forum.
I think it was on their site too at one stage, since I knew about them, and I've only occasionly even looked at most of the hosted projects forums.
Besides, it'd take all of 2 seconds to work out once you see them in game. ;)
Twisted Infinities

Goob; Sar-chasm

VA; TBM's are simply the section like #ship start (or whatever it is in the tables) the entry and then #end.

The rest I don't know. I haven't modded for this game in months.