First off... this is not the new species from TI - Flipside handles them, and what little I've done isn't anywhere near his callibre. Rather, this is one of the myriad of Species/groups I've peopled the FS universe with in my own mind.

Anywhoo, thdese guys sit in a couple of systems just outside GTVA space, a few systems beyond Dubhe. They're nowhere near as advanced as the GTVA - they're maybe 50 or a hundred years ahead of modern day humans - they still use bullets, bombs and missiles are weak compared to GTVA weapons, buit potent in their own armies, and they're only just developing plasma turrets. Laser and mass driver type weapons are still in development stages (lasers being modern day types, ie. beams, not the plasma type things FS uses normally)They've not encountered the Shivanmms or the GTVA yet, and have only just developed subspace technology.

http://www.swooh.com/peon/BlackWolf/Skirmisher.rar

This is a Skirmisher - combination scout and Space Superiority Fighter. I'm going to use it to learn pof editing from, so eventually I'll probably have a working ship, plus I want to learn turreting, so a small capship may be in the works eventually as well, though I doubt anything'll ever come of all this.

Anyway, if you'd be so kind as to offer opinions, mainly on the way it looks as both alien and Primitive, I'd be most appreciative.

BTW, I realize the model is low poly. That, along with the colouration, was entirely intentional. Subconsciously, I reckon it'll all help with the "primitive" look, even though it's kinda ridiculous.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Hi... I'm new here... just wondering... I hope people are still playing this game. I got heavily into Xbox and went back to play this game on the PC and it is STILL SWEET. So... is anyone into playing this game in MP?

:sg:

Yep, the community is absolutely NOT dead. As Hippo said, check out HLP. We have have HLP for all our Freespace needs, but Sectorgame for everything else :)

Currently hardly anybody plays the game online anymore. This is all set to change however when the SCP release Freespace_open 3.6.

If you need information on what the heck the Source code Project is, just ask :)

:alcoholic: Shinobi :bigger:

Edited By Shinobi on Feb. 25 2004 at 20:43
Twisted Infinities: FREDer, Voice Acting Coordinator, Self assumed PR guy, Yes man.