Freespace FPS: follow up.

Well, it´s been a loooooong time since i came here, but with HLP on "vacation", this is the next best place.

So basically, i´m considering taking this FPS thing seriouslly, and i´ve started dabbling with the weapons, while i wait for my new copy of UT2K4 to...uh... *cough*"arrive". :wink:
So, without further a due, i give you my very first all time weapon model. Still a bit crude, but i´m getting there.

Here´s the deal. I watched "Hallfight" carefully, and there are only 2 weapons in it. One that looks like a minigun, and another that looks like some plasma thrower or something. Both are wielded under-hand, wich means the weapon is holded beneath the arm, not over the arm, wich makes it a problem to render HUD wise.
I can model the minigun, no prob. But the other one is kinda ugly to be honest, and the under-hand thing isn´t helping.
Is there any other FS weapon pictures out there, in cutscenes or anything? I need them to base he models on.
Also, the most important ones would be vasudan weapons, but i´m not aware of any instances at all where vasudan weapons make an appearence. If anyone has seen one somewhere, could you please point me to it?
Infact, the second terran gun seen in Hallfight could very well fit the vasudans, as it is very non-terran in design. Maybe the vasudans gave a shipment of smallarms to the terrans, after they made peace and started to fight the shivs, uh?

Anyway, give me some feedback on what you think.
:)
The creature of the black lagoon...

Hallfight is really the only example of Terran hand weapons.
My first Armageddon has died.

2005.11.25 06:22:57 combat Your Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Ruined Stargate, wrecking for
733.8 damage.

I´ve been into Halflife mapping years ago. If this is going to get off the ground and MT will be released until then, then I may be interested in what you´re doing. I never got into Unreal editting... this is more of an "hey, I appreciate what you´re doing" :)
So um, yay !

I´ve been into Halflife mapping years ago. If this is going to get off the ground and MT will be released until then, then I may be interested in what you´re doing. I never got into Unreal editting... this is more of an "hey, I appreciate what you´re doing" :)
So um, yay !
I am serious about this, more serious than i´ve been about anything games related. So yes, i will need good help if this is to get off the ground.
Grab a copy of UT (UT2k4 would be better), and take a look at UnrealEd. It´s very intuitive, and very powerfull, albeit sometimes buggy. There´s not much diference between level designing for HL and UT.
Let me know.
8)
The creature of the black lagoon...