LOL! Well, I Like your beam VA :D

Seriously though, it does look pretty good to me! The grainyness comes from the Glitterato background. VA, if you still have this piccy seperated into layers (If you don't, let that be a lesson ;) ) Try dropping the Brightness and slightly raising the contrast on the Starfield, that should fix that problem.
I have the feeling this picture started out a lot larger, theres a 'problem' in Gliterato, in that what looks like delicate Nebulaeic cloud when the image is 2048 x 2048 becomes a light grey smudge in 768 x 768 ;)
Either way, it's a good, powerful image :)

Flipside :)

Edited By Flipside on July 30 2003 at 21:27
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

lol, nope, i lost the layered version (again) when i applyed the flare effects. had to merge the pic into one layer so i could see where i was putting them. i am yet to figure out a way of applying flare effects to a layer of their own :(

and yep-you got it :D i did make it roughly those exact dimensions at first, and halfved it later on, so i'll remember not to in any future pics. thanx :)
Twisted Infinities

No probs :)

As for the Lens Flare thing, I've never found a way to render it to it's own layer either, but I always do Len's flares last anyway, since the len's flare is created by the camera, not the light, so nothing can ever come between it and the camera ;)

Flipside :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Just to add my own two pennies, but I'm thinking maybe if there were a greater difference in the brightness of the underside compaired to the right side (ie one side being more darker than the other). Does that make sense? At the moment it lookes like a unform light source is casting the light.

Or have the beam itself casting light (and shadows) over the rest of the Lucifier, giveing it a blue hew (hey that rhymes!).
'Take what you want, and pay for it.' - Cairhien saying

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

the lighting on the lucifer was fairly simple, i just had one light representing the sun where i guessed it would be in the render (and of course forgot to put it there later) and a group of lights of white and blue on the firing point. (didn't quite work right) :s

i actually was doing lights along the length of the beam but got all mixed up and it ended up looking silly (i really need more light-placing practice ;) )

thanx for the suggestions tho :)
Twisted Infinities