I've noticed that if you have cap ships shields (like in my pet project Wing Commander Saga), that there is a limit for shields hits and afterwards the game crashes. Is there any way to fix this?

P.S. you know me as Tolwyn, but I do not dare to use my login data on any other pcs beside my home one. Hunter would kill me if this data comes into wrong hands :D

LOL!

Do you mean shield hits in total or shield hits at the same time? I'm not really a table guy, but I found that defining the ship as a bomber or other shielded ship type tended to help. I suppose the problem might be being caused by the shield power being too high or the like, other than that, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. :(

Flipside

Edited By Flipside on June 21 2003 at 15:41
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

may be you are right... afterall it is worth to give it a try.

Speaking of shield power: can it be that shield power between 10000 and 80000 is too high?
Do you mean shield hits in total or shield hits at the same time?
I dunno what it is

Edited By Tolwyn on June 23 2003 at 00:37

That might be the problem, I certainly found I had problems with very powerful shields :( I find that capital ships have a hell of a lot of power to charge shields with anyway, so the best bet is to give them moderately weak shields, which can absorb, for example, the main impact of a heavy bomb or the like but need to recharge afterwards, but which tend to fail under combined fire, that way it gives the ship a weakness despite the shields.
Of course, this technique may not tie in with what you are trying to do :)

Flipside :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

well... I have to try that out... the problem is: I'm trying to simulate phase shields from Wing Commander. Usually a torpedo would go right through the shield... in the mod I am forced to have shield factos set to 10... so no shield would prevent a torpedo from hitting the hull...