We all know that there won't be a FS3 game coming out, but that doesn't mean we can think of some cool new features that will make the game more interesting. some ideas that i have are: being able to launch and relaod from inside a capital ship, a new hybrid shivan/human race, being able to fly within an atmosphere and unguided anti-capital ship bombs.

being able to launch and relaod from inside a capital ship,
Doable with SCP.

a new hybrid shivan/human race
Ewwwwwww :s Can you imagine... creating the first member of that race? Erm - new species in TI, not Human Shivan Hybrid admittedly, but 'twill be cool :)
being able to fly within an atmosphere
Technically Doable now - Venom over at HLP did a damned fine sky, but his ground was too low poly/too small mapped to look realistic - it's not impossible therefore, just requires a high end machine (or a smaller playing field.
unguided anti-capital ship bombs.
These are possible now (easy in fact) and very cool - I'm hoping to put some into TI.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Well, personally I'd like to see more variety in weapons - shockwave based weapons that fire out from the players fighter and immobilize anything within a certain radius, spew cone fighter primaries for maximum coverage of a small area , seeker turrets, mines and seeker mines that don't need sexps to operate, tactical electronic weaponry (l;ook out for this in TI :D) etc.

Some of this is currently possible, some isn't. I'd still like to see as much weapon variety as possible.

those turrets could be automate like the centry guns, so you can dive bomb without worrying about fighters around you.

Another idea would be a heavily armoured, self-propeled meson warhead, kind of like torpedoes on a submarime, one shot kill or at least heavy damage.

the shockwave primary weapon would be a bad idea because it will inflict lots of friendy damage on friendly units near by. but if the shockwave is short range, about 500 meters, maybe then it could work better :boogy:

the shockwave primary weapon would be a bad idea because it will inflict lots of friendy damage on friendly units near by.
That would make it a good weapon in my opinion - it would mean you'd need to actually think before firing it.

Wouldn't make you many freinds in an MP though ;) Still, I suppose you could rig it up to explode on second-click, it would be one nasty area denial weapon!
Powerful weapons should have a weakness, be it power consumption, blast area etc. I remember the Asteroid killer bomb, and that enormous asteroid. I released the bomb when it looked like I was about to hit the asteroid, then flew around for another ten minutes, and then got hit by a shockwave that reminded me of Capella!

If I had a wish list it would be :-

1 : New Graphics engine - FS2 is great, but getting a wee bit long in the tooth with games like Freelancer around and X2 on the Horizon. The Source Code Project helps that, but, while an incredible piece of work, alas it seems to generate problems almost as fast as they are fixed :(

2 : Improve interface - 'Whick one's the increase shield button? Oh, don't bother, I'm dead' ;)

3 : More Weapons and Ships all round, and it being easy to make more (preferably an in-house ship designer, with built in Lodder... well, this is a WISH list!)

4 : To find out what the hell is going on with the Shivans! LOL

Flipside :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

More weapons would own, particularly ones with specific uses, same with ships, more variety is better in my opinion.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! I _Really_ think it'd be cool to play Freespace in a *Censored* of *censored*, probably somewhere like *Censored*. Apparently the engine can support an OK *censored* picture, but a few more details would be nice. Course it'd take a lot of *Censored*but the enthusiuasms there, and we need to wake FS2 up anyway.

More weapons would own, particularly ones with specific uses, same with ships, more variety is better in my opinion.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! I _Really_ think it'd be cool to play Freespace in a *Censored* of *censored*, probably somewhere like *Censored*. Apparently the engine can support an OK *censored* picture, but a few more details would be nice. Course it'd take a lot of *Censored*but the enthusiuasms there, and we need to wake FS2 up anyway.
Wanna explain this *censor* thing of yours?

I would like to see flying in an atmpsphere, and fighters and bombers, specificaly designed to fly in an atmosphere, mainly, more aerodynamic design, not like a myrmidon fighter.

A plasme trail would be nice wen afterburns are used, it also lets you know where a fighter has gone after it used its afterburns, but it could work both ways, for you or against you.