I think that there should be a spequal to freespace. A probable story would be the the GTVA finaly constructed one of their own Knossos Gate and got back to Earth only to find it war torn. then we could have Bosch return with an armada of Human/Shivan hybrid, then Earth and the GVTA have to team up and woop Bosch's Ass

Sadly, there will almost certainly never be an official Freespcae 3 due to copyright issues between interplay (who hold the rights) and Volition (Who make the games, but are now controlled by one of Interplay's competitors, THQ).

However,, the basic storyline you've described seems not sissimilar to the plot of BlackWater Operations, as well as probably about half the fan made (or planned) campaigns in existence :D.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Yes... presumably we would have found out
A.) what's been going on in Sol
B.) what happened to Bosch
C.) why the Shivans blew up Capella
But since we're probably never going to get an official answer, it's up to other campaigns like BWO and Inferno to come up with something.

If you want the full story on FS3, go HERE.
Do you realize that there is nothing standing between the United States and world domination?!

Master of the Freespace Port to Freespace 2.

The Star Wars mod is now at HLP! Check it out!

VBB woud have a problem... But FS3 wouln't be widely accepted IMO by the FS1+2 community, because theres so much going on that would be ruined by a FS3...

--Hippo

VBB woud have a problem... But FS3 wouln't be widely accepted IMO by the FS1+2 community, because theres so much going on that would be ruined by a FS3...

--Hippo
How many "FS2s" do you think got canned when V's FS2 came out? :p

Sadly, I think [V]s all but given up on FS2, plus they're (well, at the employee's I've seen on the forums and such) are coders and management - not the storywriters, mission makers or modelers - and they never struck me as the kinds of people who'd spendf there spare time doing what for them would be essentily not that different to work...