Agreed, since we are all FS2 Fans, we are bound to be in favour of a FS3.
The downside of it all is that FS2 really didn't make all that much money, despite attracting a cult interest which, along with the the Descent Series, is not a million miles from that of Unreal Tourney or Homeworld, which are newer, and the former was written to be modded. Admittedly there is a much larger community for both of these games, but I think if you take release date and number of copies sold into account, you would be surprised.
The perfect dream would be of course all the BB's working together in harmony, designing their own FS3, with the best designers, Fredders and other-ers we can get.
This of course would not happen, it would start as a Huge Mod and end as a Huge Row.
For now I think we should be happy with the Mods that people are working hard STILL (5 Years after the release of FS2) to produce for us. Some of them are the quality of professional software houses, and at least the open end has given us umpteen excuses to think of different ways to continue. I think that more than anything has helped make FS2 the cult game we love :)

Flipside.

Edited By Flipside on May 20 2003 at 02:48
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos