I like the impact explosion effects...where do I get them and what file(s) do I need to replace if I want to add something myself?

Ah guests - we love 'em... :D

Actually, I'm pretty sure those're standard FS2 explosions, possibly with lightspeeds upgrades applied (though that just means they only explode at LOD1 all the time AFAIK). That said, I don;t think they're the standard impact explosion, so Raa (or someone anyway) has probably been playing around with the tables.

As for putting your own in, you'll need to save the explosxion in ani format (obviously - use Google Anibuilder if you don't already have it) and into the data/effects folder, then, if you want to make a weapon impact explosion, edit it into weapons.tbl and weapons_expl.tbl, or ships.tbl if you just want to insert something for when your ship blows up (those tables are pretty easy to modify, guides for the last two can be found here http://www.3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hoste ... vptut.html).

That should be all you need...I think.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Hosted files are all intact. I've been using my TVWP ftp account the entire time, it's not on the dynamic servers.

To answer gevatter Lars' question, those are Lightspeed's upgraded explosions. I'm not fond of the change to the flak, which is what you're seeing there, but ship explosions look nice enough.

You can find all of those on Milliways.

Don't worry, on Lighy/Shivan's website, he says that he's completed the textures for all FS1 ships (with the exception of those not used in FS2) and will start on FS2 textures next. I'm hoping that he still plans on doing the rest of the FS1 ships.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!