WiP: Praetor

Well, I'm waiting for a final asset from VA before i can finalize some stuff, so while I'm waiting, I'm feature creeping. :D

This is the Praetor, obviously a WiP texture wise at the moment. It's a customs ship - specifically attached to the CTC, or Customs & Trade Commission. This group was formed to focus on less dangerous, police actions after Capella to lighten the load on the fleet, allowing the military to focus on defending against the major threats. However, the roll out of an entirely new paramilitary force has required funding, and this is one of the reasons why the fleet hasn't been built back up to full capacity yet.

Essentially, the Praetor's a gunship cum very light carrier. That back door opens up to a fighterbay, but in most cases, it will hold shuttles for boarding suspicious freighters, rather than combat fighters. The ship is very small (a touch over two hundred metres from tip to tail), and low endurance (a week or two, at best, without resupply) but it's quick, relatively well armed against fighters, has remarkably good sensors and communications equipment and, critically for the GTVA, it's fairly cheap.

I'll be posting a few more complete pics in a few weeks, once I'm back from work. For now, I just wanted to let everyone know that, despite the holding pattern, we are still alive down here. :)
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Re: WiP: Praetor

I'd add some nice pipework style greebles on the flat sides, myself. It's nice to see a relatively functional design, though; so much stuff seems to involve flashy but functionally pointless features. Like, er, greebled pipework.

Re: WiP: Praetor

And Texs are done:
http://imagebin.org/245173

Imagebin for now since the SG upload doesn;t seem to be working. Obviously still needs Glowmaps, shinemaps and normalmaps, and there's LoDding and conversion (which is goilg to be a tad complex because of all the hydraulics) but this is an important first step - it's all details from here on out. :D
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T