Re: Status

Yeah definitely. :) (Do you mean with the Ganymede-connection struts or without?)

And yes, the uni busyness is still shocking. I'm designing/building a powered exoskeleton though, so supervillain research isn't all that far off! :D
Without. I'm currently planning to bring my second project called Ultima Cena to life, and I'm planning to use a lot of space station types. Civilian stations docked to Ganymede have awesome style and would be awesome addon to UC when TI is released. HTL Ganymede showed here is also pretty.

Actually, I was kind of hoping it'd look monimally armoured... :\

The Orestes is a repair and support ship cum capital vessel tug. You call one in when your capital ship's been badly damaged or disabled. It can do a little bit of in-field maintenance, refuelling etc, if a patch up job is all that's required, but generally it just docks on (with awesome animated docking clamps :) ) and drags you back to a drydock through subspace. Prevents the (rather silly) situation of having a tiny little argo dragging a great big corvette around. Also useful if you wanted to, say, stabilize a big ship in a decaying orbit, capture an enemy vessel without boarding it, move an installation around - anytime you need a lot of physical grunt and thrust to get the job done.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

This is why TI is awesome. All these ships have a lot of thought going into them rather than just the "it'd be cool to have another superdestroyer" line of thought most people go with. :)