Status

So things have picked up lately, and I don't like the fact that the last active thread was so full of stuff about how we may or may not be dead. So here's what the situation is:

VA has been going great guns converting existing HTL models and getting them ingame. These include the gas refinery, which was publically released and has been a big hit, and the HTL Harpy.

I've been doing bits and pieces, primarily FREDding, towards the aim of having Acts 1 and 2 FREDded and ready for testing before I go away in May. It's a big ask (but, given how far along/finished many of the missions are, not so big) but I'm feeling positive. I've also been playing with using ingame cutscenes as news bulletins, and updating some of the assets used in atmospheric missions (not a fantastic shot, I'm afraid, but you can see at least one of the islands fairly clearly).

We've also received a really cool HTL model of one of VA's installations from Moonred. This will probably be being textured before release as it features prominently in an Act 1 mission, but given that we have a working, low poly model, it's not top priority - may be held back for some kind of directors cut re-release, if it's going to affect the schedule.

OK, so those are the pros. The cons (the things holding up release) would be... well, probably 3 major texturing jobs need to be finished before release (luckily, two have already been started). The FREDding is patchy - a lot is done, but needs polishing (filling in placeholder debrief stage, ensuring consistency across missions that may have been developed years apart, etc.). On a more positive note regarding the missions, though, VA has provided me with a working pof of the last model I need to start the last mission, which means that from a combat balancing point of view, every ship now exists, and every planned mission can now be made.

So that's where we're at. Hopefully things will stay moving at the current pace for a few more weeks and we'll pass some more substantial milestones before too long.

[EDIT]Changed the island pic. Now you can see some trees... kinda.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

So it's just mission polish and a couple textures that need to be done before release? I had no idea TI was so close to release... Then again, mission polish can be one of the hardest stages of campaign making. :P

Still awesome though!

Re: Status

I am very much looking forward to seeing a released version of Twisted Infinities. The pictures show much promise, and news of a near-future release has indeed been a long time coming.

Do you have a rough estimation of how close you might be to completing this goal?